Update & Boat House Photos

T&M2619

Reaction score

Hello Everyone!

Been a busy time since the last time I posted, but wanted to give you an update.  Last time I was here I was asking about suggestions for a cover for trailering the boat, which many of you did offer suggestions and was very much appreciated.  However, we ran out of time to have one made so decided to take others suggestions  to not use a cover at all & go for it.  No problems and everything went pretty good for the over 700 mile trip.  The biggest hassle was finding the gas stations that could accommodate maneuvering the boat, trailer, & truck.  I had researched the truck stops before the trip & had my list, but unfortunately there were some tight & impossible situations that didn't work out.  But all and all everything went good!

We were taking our boat from TN to TX to our retirement property located on the lake to leave for the winter.  Our boat house had just been finished right before Thanksgiving.  The weather was terrible, so we didn't even get to take it out.  So last week we took off and went back and the weather was in the 70s!  Boy were we blessed that week, it was beautiful!  The boat got to go out and we enjoyed our time on the lake!  Then we cleaned it up, put the cover back on and sadly had to say goodbye until April, when we will go back!

Below are some photos!  We just had some trees cut down that would be a threat of damage to the boat house in case of high winds & also had a "spider" control system installed.  So next thing up will be building our retirement home, which will be located on the property behind the boat house.  

Hope this finds everyone ready for a great boating season!  Come on Spring!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. What Lake are you on?

Beautiful setting, and I love the boat house.

I like your priorities -- take care of Benny first, then worry about your own house!

One more!  Our Benny lovin it's new home!  :)

Rockie69 ~  We are on Lake Palestine, near Tyler, Texas (90 miles southeast of Dallas)

Thank you Rockie & JTaylor!  We are pleased how it came out.  Not sure if you can see in pics, but in the center there is a lift for 2 Jet Skis and a room which is being called the "Party Room" with a roll up door with bar counter looking out towards the lake and large deck area for table and chairs, etc.  And on the back side of the Jet Ski lift area is a "fishing room/storage".

Very nice home for the Benny!

Jack

Ok last one!

And Yes, JTaylor ~ it had to be a priority to put in boat house first!  After that large purchase it needed to be taken care of!  But gosh, trees, spider systems, etc., just hope we can afford a retirement home now!   :D    Or as husband says, "I guess I'll just have to work a little longer, that's all!"  Or did I say that to him?   :rolleyes:

Wow! That is super nice!

Very Nice!!!

I love the idea of starting with the boat house first! You can stop by see the progress on your home, even take the contractors out and discuss things. Awesome, awesome idea.

I love the idea of starting with the boat house first! You can stop by see the progress on your home, even take the contractors out and discuss things. Awesome, awesome idea.
LOL!  The only way I would take any contractors out on my boat if it meant some $$$ would be knocked off the price of the home!   :D

Great Job

Looks Amazing 

You are in for an incredible retirement 

The SECRET is to do it QUICKLY 

The sooner the better 

Retired at 52

Should of done it at 35

Lost 17 years which I can never get back 

smiley-face-thumbs-up-Smiley-face-with-thumbs-up.jpg

That looks like a beautiful property and boathouse!

Soooo, what is a "spider system"?

That looks like a beautiful property and boathouse!

Soooo, what is a "spider system"?
It's an automatic misting system that sprays three times a day to kill spiders, mosquitoes  & other flying insects.

Tom, they are pretty popular in Texas used for outdoor areas, backyards, boat houses, etc.  One of the brands (not the one we used) that is similar is called "Spider Be Gone System".   You can google it & find out more if interested.  There are several companies & pest control companies that install them.  There is also another company called "BioMist" that has info.

It's an automatic misting system that sprays three times a day to kill spiders & mosquitoes  & other flying insects.  
Wow, who knew, that's awesome. I constantly fight the darned spiders on our lift canopy.

Wow! Very nice boat house! We just retired last August and love it! Our Benny is a large part of that!

Plain water mist? No pesticide?

No kaydano, from spiderbegone website

"Our system is designed to automatically spray an insecticide at the most effective times day or night. The pesticide used in the system is considered minimal risk pesticide according to the EPA when used as directed."

Thanks for the info on the spider control system.  We've been bombarded with spider droppings for years in our  boathouse, and they stain the vinyl.

It's also nice that your lake's water level is not dropped substantially for winter pool.  Many of the mountain lakes drop 20-30 feet, and they require floating piers which are not so easy to get your boat out of the water with.

We're on the Tennessee River, and our water level only goes up and down 18". A lot of rain has fallen in the East Tennessee mountains recently, and Wilson Dam's running almost 30 100' tall spillways (over 2500' wide).  That's 2,000,000 gallons per second x 24 hrs. a day for the last 10 weeks.  It's quite a sight.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!  Can't wait for the next phase of our plan to build the house & retire!  We are working on the house plans now.  But in the meantime we have a nice home for the Benny & we can still enjoy the lake!  I absolutely love our boat!  We were going to wait until we had the house built,  but as husband said ... "Why wait, we can enjoy the boat now."  And I'm glad we have it.  And it is my boat too!   :)

Yes, the "spider system" is set for 3 times a day (you can set it for times you're not around, like in early hours in AM & late evening)  When we build our house, we will have an outdoor kitchen, patio area & will have the same system installed to enjoy outdoors without the pesky mosquitoes eating us up!  Most all the homes on the lake in the area we are in, all have one of these systems installed for their patio areas & boathouses. 

So looking forward to boating season!  Just a few more weeks!

You definitely have your priorities straight.  Build boathouse first.  Then house!

Back