Upgraded sound system...do I need seperate battery?

I'm getting everything set up to install the extra battery setup this weekend. A friend of mine works for CAT and can get me item #175-4390 CAT battery for under $100. Seems like a pretty heavy duty battery and a good price, but I'm wondering how it compares to what everyone has mentioned. Specs below, any thoughts?

PART NUMBER: 175-4390

Height (MM): 236.0

Width (MM): 171.2

Volts: 12

Group Size: 31

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 1000

Reserve Capacity (RC) Mins: 180

AMP Hr Cap @ 20 Hrs: 90

Length (MM): 328.4

Width (IN): 6.74

Height (IN): 9.29

Weight - Wet (LB): 60.0

Weight - Wet (KG): 27.0

Terminal: Threaded Stud

Maintenance Type: Maintenance Free

Grid Type: Calcium Lead Alloy Grid Design

Application: Starting

Battery Type: Wet

Accessible Vent Caps: Accessible Vent Caps

Equipment Type: INDUSTRIAL, TRUCK, AGRICULTURAL

Length (in): 12.90

Do you need another starting battery or house battery?  Normally you use a deep cycle to power the stereo from the house battery.

We live on the lake--less than 50' from the water.  Have I recently told you my opinion on subwoofers?  You know, the ones that you can feel in the barometric pressure change from 5 miles away?

I understand the need for a powerbooster on a boat.  But those with subwoofers are Public Enemy #1 on our residential lake with a couple of thousand houses.

Go for 2 batteries--each isolated from each other.

I had a decent size system in the boat I just sold. I was running three Odyssey PC1500's and a ProTournament 300 3 bank charger all isolated from the starting battery. This setup worked well for me, and it was nice to know I was not running down the battery needed to start the boat and get home. Quality batteries are also very important.

We live on the lake--less than 50' from the water.  Have I recently told you my opinion on subwoofers?  You know, the ones that you can feel in the barometric pressure change from 5 miles away?

I understand the need for a powerbooster on a boat.  But those with subwoofers are Public Enemy #1 on our residential lake with a couple of thousand houses.

Go for 2 batteries--each isolated from each other.
I hear ya....mine is definitely not a system like some I have heard. It now sounds really good, without loosening fillings. The additional power/volume is for when I am providing the music for a bunch of people hanging on the sandbar on our lake. Its nice to have one boat providing music, rather than a bunch competing with each other and blurring the sounds.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I have toyed with adding a 2nd battery but I just can't see spending the money on what a dealer wants to do it (it was NOT only $200 as some on here suggest).  I have a 400W amp in my boat along with 4 speakers so I don't have the awesome set-up some of you guys have....but I have had the stereo on for long periods at a time (although not full blast either) and have never had the battery die to where it wouldn't start my boat.....so again, I see no need in adding a 2nd battery.  I already had/have a really nice (paid $100) Sears power pack that also has 2 AC and 2 DC power plugs in it that I take when I know I'm going out on long trips....just as an added insurance in case the battery does die on me but again....it has never happened.

That said, with the set up you have and more importantly the application you use it for, I would probably get a 2nd battery.

Back