Used 2275GCW Purchase Disaster

Here's a big salute to the Bennington dealer that is trying to help you, that is Bennington Class

I think you should file an insurance claim and let your insurance company do the dirty work for you.  They're good at getting their money back.

Subrogation- Adjusters and Insurers love it.

I wrote letters to executive management at MarineMax and they have been very responsive to me. 

A favorable resolution is in the works but until it is final, I don't want to say too much.

Stay tuned...

I picked up my refund check from MarineMax yesterday. The amount was for the exact amount that I paid for the boat in October. It took a while to get there, but eventually MarineMax did the right thing. I wrote a number of letters to MarineMax executives and I think that was the determining factor in getting my refund.

The local Bennington dealer (Sheltered Cove Marina) was very supportive and very helpful during the whole process. 

I have soured on the used boat market and have decided to dig deep and buy a brand new factory fresh boat of my choice from the most reputable dealer on the planet...Bennington.

That's great news Seaduced.  Bennington is the manufacturer not the dealer, your dealer is the local representative and is the one that provides great customer service.

I had a friend at the lake that was looking at used bosts last year.  When we discussed the 7 year warranty on a new Bennington that sealed the deal and he is the proud owner of a new Bennington.  Good luck with your purchase and be sure to ask questions here on the forum as to what to add or not add to fit your budget as the people on here love to spend someone else's money

Same here. We looked at dozens of used boats and the difference in original owner warranty sold us on a new one (not to mention getting exactly what we wanted). Couldn't be happier with our decision.

Glad it all worked out for you. Got to watch those "Jersey" guys.    B)

Back