Used Benny

sparkdr220

Reaction score
I have a friend that is considering a used Bennington. It's a 24 footer with a 50 HP Yamaha. He is getting a good price. (I'm thinking the owner probably wants more HP)  My friend is on a small lake so HP is not critical to him. The question is......What kind of speed can he expect to get with 50 HP on a 24ft twin tube?

13-15mph would be my guess with a light load.

I see a 20XX SL model @18mph with a 50hp Yamaha. I'd think the extra 2-4ft and additional weight would slow it down significantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our first toon was twin tube 22' with a 40hp.  Max with one person was 16 mph. With 4 people and stuff it was 12 mph

I rented a 24'er with a poorly tuned 90.

I figure it was running with the propshaft performance of a new 50.

With 6 people and 2 coolers - we were able to achieve 9 - 12mph depending on wind.

On GPS my 2075 GL and 50 hp Merc 2 people full tank I get 18.5 MPH. My guess that a 24 footer will top at no more than 13 with a light load. Small Lake, he'll only run at 8 to 10 most of the time. Some where around 2200 RPM

We rented a lake house last summer.  Came with another brand 2-toon with a new 50 Yamaha.  With a pretty full boat, 8 adults, 4 kids, it pulled a kneeboarder at about 15-16 mph.

Curious, since its for sale. Did they ask the current owner?

Is it a trailered boat or kept in the water? BIG difference with a 50 trying to push dirty toons.

Curious, since its for sale. Did they ask the current owner?
That'd be too easy to just ask!!! Ha ha ha. Sometimes Jared just makes too much sense. I mean, why ask the only guy that knows for sure (the owner) when you can just ask all of us... Funny.

Thanks for all of the replies. They have been very helpful. It is being sold by a dealer....they will tell you it goes 30 mph to make a sale LOL.

Lol. Very true!

Thanks for all of the replies. They have been very helpful. It is being sold by a dealer....they will tell you it goes 30 mph to make a sale LOL.
Tell him to put it writing .

Nah, a dealer would never do that! Ha ha. Now I get why you are asking.

Back