Used Benny

I'll let the others answer the pontoon damage question.  I'll address your grill question.

I have that same bar (love it by the way).  As for the grill, when it's inserted in those holes, it doesn't extend out past the railing, so it shouldn't interfere with the bimini (see photo).  Also, I had my dealer install an additional stool in front of the bar, and it's a very popular seat.  You can see that in the photo too.

Good luck...

Andrew, we are getting pretty much the same set-up as in your picture above (other than the fridge and grill). Do you have any recommendations on the water tank usage? Do you fill it full and then refill as needed or do you just put a bit in each time? Just wondering if the water takes on a "taste" from sitting in the tank? The dealer also mentioned that some people fill the tank with mixed drinks, which impressed my wife. I'm a bit leery of that myself! Any "do's or don'ts" with regard to the counter top other than using a cutting board?  Finally, I don't have the holes for a grill but would like to get one. Magma is the top brand but wondering what you feel makes it better than say a portable Weber? Love the extra seat! Might be something for us to consider in the future.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Yeah, we're pretty happy with out setup with the bar. We day boat frequently (never overnight) and my wife likes to spread out all the fixins' when we eat, but those small removable tables that most boats have just didn't cut it.  We needed a place to mix drinks, set out food, and cook.  This bar setup is almost perfect.  

Adding in the (for us) three seats we get by having the bar here, and we actually gain seating over having the longer lounge in the back.  It's not as comfortable as a longer lounger, but no one seems to mind.  I do miss not having a comfortable chair for my wife to sit next to me on, but we get through that.

I've actually talked to my dealer about whether the mounting plate for the stools was the same as for the fold down fishing chairs.  One thought I had to make that seat more comfortable is to put one of those there instead.  I'm still working that one out.

As for your questions, I have never drank any water from that faucet yet.  I use it to clean hands and utensils and for the splash down hose, but have not tried drinking from it yet.  I don't imagine there is any more taste than any other drinking water safe system.  We drink a lot of bottled water.  The idea of putting mixed drink(s) in there is interesting.  The only issue I see with that is that you would need to put enough in there to get the pump to work, and depending what your poison is, there might be some waste (which could get expensive).  Other issue there is that you wouldn't be able to use your splash down hose...well, you COULD use it, but then it would be shooting mixed drinks (which could be interesting).  I've had a number of spills on my boat and that splash down hose has come in handy...and the Seagrass floor is AWESOME for being easy to clean.

That grill is EXPENSIVE.  I want to say in the neighborhood of $700.  I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I wasn't saving other money on the boat, and also just adding it to the overall finance cost.  I have it in it's case now in a bin.  I don't take it with us if we're not grilling.  You could add it later.  It's simply those two holes that are drilled in the top and the two chromed sleeves that fill the holes.  You could also mount whatever you want on the rail there too (and save money).

The counter tops are nothing you have to worry about.  They are durable and smooth.  Like you said, just use a cutting board, I'm sure.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Andrew, thanks for the insight. My salesman thought the hose-down drew water from the lake. Guess we'll have to stick to water in the tank. I can imagine that we'll use it much like you do and not for drinking but with a young daughter, I could see that potentially happening. Hopefully the bamboo flooring will be easy to keep clean as well.

We also day boat so having the counter space will improve the picnic experience and adding a grill will really broaden our menu choices! I'm thinking I'll get a heat proof pad and grill right on the counter and then store it inside the cabinet. Obviously I'll need to test it out prior just to make sure I don't melt anything.

Back