Vinyl Flooring Turning White in Places?

ldvernier

Reaction score
Hi,
My boat is 5 years old and the floor started turning white in areas. Weird part is that in some places it comes and goes?? I am baffled. Penny for your thoughts. Thanks!
IMG_0773.jpg

Yikes. Asking the obvious just to rule things out: Any type of scummy buildup? Anything spilled in that area like fuel? And is this the only area seeing this discoloration or staining?

It seems really bad and pronounced. What year is your boat by chance? Is it still under warranty?

Yikes. Asking the obvious just to rule things out: Any type of scummy buildup? Anything spilled in that area like fuel? And is this the only area seeing this discoloration or staining?

It seems really bad and pronounced. What year is your boat by chance? Is it still under warranty?
Hi,
Go Spartans!
Out of warranty by about 6 months :(
I have the same issue on the other side in the back and on the front. I live in FL so maybe sun damage? Seems to "appear" when wet. Strange...
Larry

Hi,
Go Spartans!
Out of warranty by about 6 months :(
I have the same issue on the other side in the back and on the front. I live in FL so maybe sun damage? Seems to "appear" when wet. Strange...
Larry

I’d still reach out to your dealer just in case there‘s a potential issue with the flooring. It’s possible (not guaranteed) Bennington may replace or possibly partially cover replacement if there’s a known problem. I wonder if it’s some type of delamination of the clear/color coat. When wet it fogs up but dries after being in sun. Kind of like fogging gauges.

Back