Vinyl repair - patch?

LakePlacidPontoon

Reaction score
An area on the rear of the captain chair on my 2017 pontoon has damage where the vinyl rubbed against the metal railing. I found the damage when I removed the winter storage wrap that was installed by the dealer. I don't recall the damage when I dropped it off for winterizing.

I'm hoping someone has recommendation for a patch to cover this damage?

466F59AC-A837-4CEA-B29E-3276DF0C193D.jpeg

I had a smaller spot on the helm seat and used this, from Amazon. It filled the spot and sealed the edges and has been holding well for 2 years. The blemish remains very noticeable but it is sealed.​

Coghlan's 8880 Airstop Sealant, 0.27-Ounce/ 8 ml​

I’d be having a friendly discussion with the dealer first.

An area on the rear of the captain chair on my 2017 pontoon has damage where the vinyl rubbed against the metal railing. I found the damage when I removed the winter storage wrap that was installed by the dealer. I don't recall the damage when I dropped it off for winterizing.

I'm hoping someone has recommendation for a patch to cover this damage?

View attachment 29834
Just trying to understand.....They swiveled the Captain's chair where it made contact with the outer railing and then they vinyl wrapped it for the winter? You unwrapped it and it was damaged. Like Semper said have conversation with your dealer first. You shouldn't have to worry about repairing damage like that especially if it was caused by them!

My dealer accidentally cut/punctured the walkway side of my swingback seat when they stored the boat over the winter from 2019-2020. They were supposed to repair it in the off season this past winter (2020-21). Of course, they overlooked that.

Now they said they will make arrangements with someone to do a repair dockside this summer. Not sure how I feel about a canvas shop repair as I think it will be some sort of patching job, and thus noticeable.

However, I figured I’d wait and see how it turns out. If not a satisfactory job, I can let them know they should rethink the repair and contact Bennington for a replacement.

Anyway, I shared it with the dealership immediately after getting the boat back from winter storage and summer prep in May of 2020. They immediately took responsibility and were good about that aspect of it. Just not so good about taking care of the problem this past off season.

EC064BFC-2A1A-4EAA-B25D-8A87A379323A.jpegBABB227D-1950-4D41-AF8A-A1156F64A329.jpeg

Back