Wait time for replacement toon

KLM

Reaction score
Hi all,

Right before the summer season started, I damaged my starboard side toon by hitting a submerged object.. The end cap is separated from the log and the log itself is dented. My dealer "ordered" a replacement toon from Bennington about 2 months ago, however as of today, I still don't have any word on when the replacement toon will be made. I know this is high season, but should I at least be informed an approximate toon production date?

When I called the dealer, all they said is Bennington has not updated the "computer order book", but they put my order in the Bennington order system for production.?

Anyone has recent experience about replacement toon production? 

I am pretty sure my boat will be out of commission for this season..

Don't want to burst your balloon but when I asked about ordering a new set of pontoons for my boat I was told the lead time from the factory was....

6-8 months.   :eek:

This was as of 6 weeks ago.  Hopefully a single pontoon won't take that long.

Sorry bud.

At least you were told 6-8 months. Me... no hope at all.... :wacko:

I would have it welded so you can use the boat and do the repairs over the winter.

I'm assuming this is being paid for out of your pocket, correct?  If that's the case, I'd do as Carl suggested: order the new 'toon, have a local welder close it up so it's usable and enjoy the summer.  Then fix it over the winter.

I received an update on my center express tube yesterday, It was ordered early spring and will come this fall. Transportation seems to be an issue, They load several up and make a trip of it . Cant just ship 1 out, most likely not cost effective. We receive lots of freight in my business and cant imagine a common carrier getting a tune delivered without damage. I can still use mine though.

I don't know where you're located,, however all it takes to deliver a toon is a boat being delivered to your local dealer.  They'd put it on the same load with another pontoon being delivered.

Tell'em to get it ready and you'll come after it in Indiana--with your dealer's permission.  All it takes is an empty pontoon trailer.  Lash down the toon to the trailer.

Sounds as if you're getting the run around.

Ya also have to get in line for a pontoon.... there's a significant lead time on pontoons as well.  That's where the holdup is as I understand it from two dealers here in Florida.

Ya also have to get in line for a pontoon.... there's a significant lead time on pontoons as well.  That's where the holdup is as I understand it from two dealers here in Florida.

That is my understanding as well.

I wonder will it take the same amount of time to get a replacement part if my boat is a Tracker.

I was thinking about welding it first  as a temporary  fix, however can't find a shop to do it yet.

20170507_173112.jpg

Yeah, I'm afraid nobody is going to touch that from a liability perspective.  Somebody tries to fix that and it fills with water, now they're possibly on the hook for it.  :blink:

Whatever you hit sure did a good job of tearing up that end cap.  Something this big is definitely an insurance claim.  The pontoon alone is going to cost $4,000 just to order.

Where are you located?

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY SHIZNET! You must have been booking when you hit whatever it is you hit. I'm surprised they don't have whatever marked.

Back