Warranty Issue

JPL

Reaction score
I am getting a little concerned.  My boat came in March this year.  We did the paperwork the first weekend of April during which time we saw the rear bottom lounger seat came damaged.  Here it is the end of May and I still do not have my new seat bottoms from Bennington.  8 weeks for a seat bottom seems a little excessive.

That does seem kind of lengthy. Wonder with the volume of boats being built is eating up all the parts supply. 

I am almost 12 weeks since my build date for my bow seat....seat bottom. I am concerned also.

I think a little patients might be needed here. I realize that the seat bottom is damaged,but with the furniture issues causing production delays. I would say the delivery of customers boats for the boating season is the highest priority for Bennington. Not to say that you are not important,but you are at least enjoying the use of your boat. 

This was posted by Bennington on May 1st 

Also, bear in mind, typically large parts come inside or attached (in the case of toons), to another boat shipped to dealer. I have a warranty "furniture" part and I expected at least 12-16 weeks and possibly longer going in. It's not affecting my boating ability so I'm not going to let it concern me at this point. I know my dealers got it under control. 

This will be my last comment on this subject. I get patience and ability to use your boat and all of that. However, i purchased a boat with a $700 + bow gate  seat MSRP because I have enough people on my boat multiple times a year that I need it for seating purposes.  What bothers me is the complete lack of communication on timing.  This is two years in a row I have had warranty issues and in my personal opinion it takes way to long for the parts to come in. With all that said, I love my Bennington and would recommend it to anyone but I hope I don't have any more warranty issue ,like my first boat which had none, as warranty process is tedious and  in my opinion there is no sense of urgency from any of the parties in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took 12 weeks back in 2013 for my replacement helm chair. The supplier has been behind for years. Hopefully all of your issues will be resolved soon.

Although my boat was delivered with over a half dozen "issues", none of them thankfully prevented us from using it last season. I'm hoping that when we pick her up at the end of June, they will have all been resolved.

I have a copy of my "final factory inspection" check list, so I know they do have some quality control measures in place, but it seems that they may be too busy to be real effective. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that it would be less expensive to slow down the QC process rather than fixing things via warranty work. But, then again...

Back