Warranty Repair Delay

Well the dealer said that Bennington would reimburse for a rental which we have taken advantage of for one day so far to take everyone out on the lake. A nice Tahoe deck boat from Cedar Lodge/long Creek Boat Dock. A first class operation.

There was some suggestion to modify the new toon to fit my boat. I saw pictures of the old and the new toon. Totally different where they attach to the boat. I agreed with a lot of conditions. Saturday I got a tentative proposal from customer service(apparently not yet authorized by the management of Bennington)to have my boat returned to the Bennington factory for the repairs. I endorsed this for obvious reasons. To be continued.
I would think that Bennington, with all the run around they have given you, would just build you another boat, and get that one back when possible, and make it a test boat at the factory.

It would have to be much quicker than them di**ing around like they have been.

You have been MUCH more understanding than I would be. I would be jumping up and down on the presidents desk at Bennington by now.

It's reading things like this, that make me start to question my decision for a 2013 spring purchase from Bennington.

I would think that Bennington, with all the run around they have given you, would just build you another boat, and get that one back when possible, and make it a test boat at the factory.

You have been MUCH more understanding than I would be. I would be jumping up and down on the presidents desk at Bennington by now.

It's reading things like this, that make me start to question my decision for a 2013 spring purchase from Bennington.
With any product, the manufacturer has to rely on its dealers. Chevy, Harley, Porsche, Etc., Etc. Even more so on a custom built product where I think expectations are even higher.

I spent more time deciding on my dealer then in negotiations on the "best deal".

I say this to say that I have been blown away by the follow up from my dealership Spend A Day in Ohio to my initial issues.

Even beyond that, I got a voicemail Friday evening from the regional Bennington Manager who even left his cell#. Who was checking in, I didn't expect that.

I love having one of the sexiest boats on the lake and the peace of mind of knowing that I don't have to worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SEMPER, As with all things, there are circumstances, reasons and decisions to be considered for every situation. (And there are sides to an issue that are not spelled out in an internet post.) We try our best to provide the best service we can, and our reputation for doing so is strong. We at Bennington hope you will consider the thousands of positive experiences posted on this site in addition to the handful of negative ones. We, of course, have the power to hide/delete/or otherwise block the negative, but we chose not to. TB

SEMPER, As with all things, there are circumstances, reasons and decisions to be considered for every situation. (And there are sides to an issue that are not spelled out in an internet post.) We try our best to provide the best service we can, and our reputation for doing so is strong. We at Bennington hope you will consider the thousands of positive experiences posted on this site in addition to the handful of negative ones. We, of course, have the power to hide/delete/or otherwise block the negative, but we chose not to. TB
I agree, but during these postings, I have not seen any that explain " the other side" of the story ...... On that note I still believe you are the best in the industry.

The old adage, one oh sh**, wipes out 10 atta boys holds true.

I also agree that you elevate your standing, buy not deleting negative comments, but addressing them openly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington decided it would be best given the circumstances to return my boat to the factory so proper repairs can be made. Bennington said my repairs would be first priority at the factory. My boat was picked up Wednesday this last week.

Back