water coming up thru carpet?

ghostrider

Reaction score
I have the tri toon express 24 ft  with 140 Suzuki on and am having water coming up thru the carpet in front between bench seats and on port side at side gate any help would be appreciated

also have lost about 10 mph on speed since purchased February 2013 any suggestions?

thanks greg

You are still under warranty as far as the water .Contact your dealer .

The speed loss ,have you cleaned your toons ?

I know it is hard to get to the  inside . I have the SPS ,I "try" to wipe mine down in season once a week at the sand bar .

Could you have damaged your prop ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghostrider, I have occasionally had water come up through the carpet as well.  Not a lot but enough such that it creates a slow creeping flow.  I believe that it usually happens when I am WOT and wondered if it is the surge of the waves.  I am installing an underdeck wave shield this spring so I will see if that eliminates it

Loss of speed could be dirty toons. Water at port side gate can be splashing up from front spray shields and collecting on side panels and coming in under port gate door. Mine soaks there when it rains or when water spray from the shields splashes up on panels, runs back, and enters there because of the gap. As for between the seats, do you have a table mount there? Is it coming up in the center, or from each side at the seats? Do you have under deck wave shields installed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the same problem with water coming up and soaking the carpet about 1/3 of the way back from the bow. I put her up on the trailer and found the water looks like it coming from under a rib. Must be a seam in the plywood, took her into the dealer and he calked the rib with " marine grade silicon ". Can't really tell you if it worked, there was only two weeks left to my season. I'll try and remember to update this post in the spring.

1/3 of the way back is where there is the most spray from the toons. I have the wave shield and have never had this issue.

Friends of ours bought a new 20' benny (s series) with a 90 yamaha on the back last spring and they were having the same issue.  The carpet gets wet between the front loungers but only if they run the boat WOT (or half throttle and up)....is they put around it stays dry.  The dealer looked at it and said the fix was about the same as mentioned.....caulk the seam in the plywood from underneath to seal up the leak.  Not sure if that fixed it or not since they normally just go out and troll and fish with their boat and we didn't get to go out with them last fall.

Back