Water In Middle Log?

BamaAF

Reaction score
Was moving my 2005 25RL Supersport today (have it on trailer at home during Winter) and while shaking trailer to get it on my hitch ball I heard water. Shaking and listening it sounds like the middle front log. My gas tank is in rear of boat and that is not what I heard. I noticed last year that it did not seem to be plaining right and sat lower in front with people on board - thought I was just imagining it, but this sounds like it could be reason. It has lifting strakes, and do not think water is in there. It has sat on trailer, so don't think the leak (if there is one) is on bottom as water seems like it would have drained out. From reading forum the fix might be find an aluminum welder and drill a drain hole in bottom front toon, drain and repair? Also from reading the forum these logs are baffled off and seperated in front, middle, and rear? Is there a better more prefered way to attack this? Thanks

Check with a dealer ,or contact Bennington with your Hull ID
It may be covered under warranty .They have a lifetime now, but I am not sure what year they started it .

Check with a dealer ,or contact Bennington with your Hull ID
It may be covered under warranty .They have a lifetime now, but I am not sure what year they started it .
Thanks - just sent an email - will post their response

If it's not covered under warranty find a good aluminum welder and he will know what to do. Found water in our starboard tube last season and he drilled a hole in the rear section drained the water out and installed a threaded bung hole....

If it's not covered under warranty find a good aluminum welder and he will know what to do. Found water in our starboard tube last season and he drilled a hole in the rear section drained the water out and installed a threaded bung hole....
Thanks -- that is my plan as Bennington was very responsive, but since I am not the original owner the warranty is 10 years - which expired in 2015. I have an aluminum welder lined up who says this is his specialty -- I think I could actually get to the top access port and siphon the water out (easy access on middle front port) and maybe even put an inflator we use for towables into the port and put about 2-3 PSI and use soap and water to find leak, but I'm no welder, so from there I would be stuck --- plus, I'm assuming this guy will have the ability to lift the boat off the trailer to check bottom of tube also. Might as well get him to pressurize all 3 sections in all 3 tubes and check for any other leaks while he is at it. He said the average cost is $300 - some less and some more depending on how much work goes into repair - not sure if this is a good price or not, but it is what it is. The odd thing is the outer tubes have scratches and dings and no leaks while the middle looks perfect and seems to be the one leaking/

$300 sounds very fair. I’d say that‘s a good plan checking all 3 while he’s fixing the main issue.

This is what the welder installed after drilling the hole to drain the water out.....IMG_20190719_141820689.jpg

Back