Water under helm?

Reaction score
Greetings all! So lately I have noticed that when cruising on the lake that a stream of water starts happening from the driver’s side of the helm; it looks like it’s leaking from the storage area under the console. Possible issue with the under decking, like a crack or hole in the marine plywood? Thanks.

Do you have a Wave Shield ? It could be water surge while underway .
If you have any cup holders on your helm ,check to see the drain tubes are connected .
Mine gets wet from rain due to the current cover design .

Thanks for replying. I didn’t even know what a Wave Shield was until I googled it, saw a video that another Bennington owner posted of one he installed. Is that something that a boat mechanic could fabricate and install? I don’t have the equipment for something like that. No cup holders on helm, only on the little table and on the the the captain’s chair. Thanks again.

Yes you can install one , many here on the forum have installed one on theirs .

Greetings all! So lately I have noticed that when cruising on the lake that a stream of water starts happening from the driver’s side of the helm; it looks like it’s leaking from the storage area under the console. Possible issue with the under decking, like a crack or hole in the marine plywood? Thanks.
Could it be an open speedometer tube that is connected to the motor on speedometer pick up?

It could also be water is being forced up through the wiring bundle hole.

Back