Wave damage

That is a fabulous idea! Do you know if it works for small dings? Dime size to quarter size?

You could try. The panels have the slight corrugation to it, so you'll probably never get them as new. You can also try a small rubber headed hammer and just keep tapping the dent, working from outer edge in. Watch some videos on small dent removal.
Problem with metal is, when you get a dent it actually "stretches" the metal, so sometimes it takes gentle finessing to work it back.

Seems these boats can't take a wave hitting the panels. I was hit at a 45 degree wave while in the 3 feet of water. Totally destroyed the front port side panel. Worse damage U have had to a boat in over 40 years of boating. Here is a photo. 2017 2275 ESP TritoonView attachment 24382

Unfortunately, we see a lot of damage to pontoons very similar to yours down here at the Lake of the Ozarks with all the big cruisers that belong in the ocean and not on an inland lake! My brother-in-law had similar damage the first year in his brand new Premier. It is the primary reason I insisted on the Q series with it's curved fiberglass bow. Not only do we like the sleek look,but I think it will hold up to a big wave like that. Fortunately I have not taken water over the bow yet, knock on wood! We took on water all the time here on our old deck boat! Has anyone had or heard of anyone's Q get damaged by a wave over the bow?

Took almost 2 weeks to get a price from dealer. 1100 to remove and replace the fence. Fine. About 2 weeks ago I asked if they could get it done before May 15. We haul boat to Table Rock on May 18. Silence from dealer. Today I have the lounger out, straightening as best as possible. Oh for my Crownline. Live n learn. Saltwater Series ESP is not really a Saltwater vessel, not at all and folks need to know this. Wife wants rid of the boat. I told her let's see how it does on Table Rock and maybe the dealer up there is more suited for service and not just sales. We shall see.

Took almost 2 weeks to get a price from dealer. 1100 to remove and replace the fence. Fine. About 2 weeks ago I asked if they could get it done before May 15. We haul boat to Table Rock on May 18. Silence from dealer. Today I have the lounger out, straightening as best as possible. Oh for my Crownline. Live n learn. Saltwater Series ESP is not really a Saltwater vessel, not at all and folks need to know this. Wife wants rid of the boat. I told her let's see how it does on Table Rock and maybe the dealer up there is more suited for service and not just sales. We shall see.
Um Crownline?

Did your dealer tell you lead time to get a new panel? I would imagine they don't want to give you a date for the repair until they have the new panel. Also, can you still use the boat?

Since you asked, yes, Crownline. Never an issue with it for 14 years. Now we have a 2017 Bennington. I won't get into all the issues with it. Anyway. Dealer could not have ordered the fence because when I asked when they could do the work they had not ordered it nor did they ask for some cash to order, nothing. Only the sound of silence.

Yep, can still use the banged up boat. Still shiny though. tays covered on lift. Taking it to Table Rock in May for the summer and maybe leave it up there forever. If the dealer is good up there then we just may keep the boat. It has been a fun boat. Service after the sale.... not so fun. 40 years of boats.

Damn I am sure sorry to hear about that, hope you get it all worked out.

Since you asked, yes, Crownline. Never an issue with it for 14 years. Now we have a 2017 Bennington. I won't get into all the issues with it. Anyway. Dealer could not have ordered the fence because when I asked when they could do the work they had not ordered it nor did they ask for some cash to order, nothing. Only the sound of silence.

Yep, can still use the banged up boat. Still shiny though. tays covered on lift. Taking it to Table Rock in May for the summer and maybe leave it up there forever. If the dealer is good up there then we just may keep the boat. It has been a fun boat. Service after the sale.... not so fun. 40 years of boats.
Thanks, did not understand the reference to Crownline, now I do. Have you talked to your dealer about your service expectations and did you tell them you wanted them to do the repair and to order the panel? I've learned I need to confirm everything with most car and boat service departments, even when I think should not have to.

A fix like that will take awhile to get the parts from Bennington.

Parts can take upwards of 8 weeks or more. They have to be produced and shipped with a load if large pieces. You are in in heavy production season, so I doubt you will see anything quick. What type of communication did you have with dealer before hauling it there and dropping it off.

I did t haul it to the dealer. They were to get my money and order the part. Once it came in, I would drop boat off for them. It is an easy replacement. I don't have time now to mess with this dealer. Boat is getting hauled up to Table Rock Lake in two weeks. Unfortunately, Benningtons claim of a Salwater Series tritoon is misleading. I see even on lakes the panels get damaged. Bad design. A quarter inch of foam on the backside of the front panel would eliminate or minimize the problem that so many have with wave damage. I removed the lounger and became a body shop guy for a few hours. Dents appear much better and the panel is back in the bottom crimp.

Not sure what's misleading. NOWHERE does it state this boat is made to take waves over the bow. Not sure what you consider so many .... there's probably over 50-60 THOUSAND Bennington produced just over the last 5 years ... and there's been like 5 on here with complaints of damage, and probably most of those only joined forum for that reason...

Just going to keep it on the lake. We like the boat. The boat decal reads "Saltwater Seies". Saltwater implies waves on an average, daily basis are more than that of an inland lake. The bow panels should have been reinforced.

Just going to keep it on the lake. We like the boat. The boat decal reads "Saltwater Seies". Saltwater implies waves on an average, daily basis are more than that of an inland lake. The bow panels should have been reinforced.
Sorry, but that is wrong. The saltwater reference and options relate to corrosion resistance to seawater and I've not seen it advertised anywhere as being somehow able to handle big waves. It is still a pontoon boat after all.

Like the boat, for sure. A great ride. Just a bit bummed about this one aspect. I'll get over it.

Totally unrealistic expectations of a pontoon boat or someone lied to sell you a boat and you believe them.

The lake of the ozarks edition boats are upgraded to handle the rough water there which is probably the roughest inland water in the US. It reinforces the framework of the boat but does nothing to prevent damage from a wave coming over the top.

I’m glad you still enjoy the boat, and the ride. Keeping it on an inland lake might just do the trick for you. I have a thorn up my bottom over one aspect of our boat since day one, but I sure LOVE everything else about it. Hopefully you will too as this get further behind you. :)

I have owned Bennington's for 14 years and never had a problem with wave damage. However, if I did have wave damage to my panel, I know better than to blame it on Bennington.

Alice Dream... Really? Beat the captain of the vessel? I don't think so. 40 years of pristine boating and boats and water sports. Not the captain. It is the waves of the sea against this aluminum at the bow. All it took was one at a 45degree. We are on the Florida Gulf Coast and Intracoastal. As I said, boat is going to an inland lake, a beautiful one at that, where I am sure it will be fine. Our tritoon ESP is a shining beauty with Sports arch. We will go back to a fiberglass vessel for the Gulf.

Saltwater implies "Saltwater " not waves over the bow .

Back