Weather Warning

We had a lot of family and friends here over the week and weekend, so I planned to just not cover everything at the end of Sunday like I normally do. We were headed to the movies and I decided last minute to cover the Seadoo since we'd probably not use it on Monday. Once I did that, I walked back in the house and noticed some gray/black skies rolling in from the NW and thought maybe I should cover the Benny after all. I don't bother with the poles, so it takes all of 5-10 minutes. I went out 150'+ on the dock, crawled underneath the 30' canopy and started snapping the cover. The canopy has 36" sides, so it's normally not a big deal, but I'd cranked the boat down to get to the cover easier. All of sudden a black cloud mass was on top of me as it poured down rain and blew on the lift like nobody's business. Staying put for awhile under the canopy, I was afraid the wind was going to pick the whole thing up and flip it. It's definitely a unique perspective beneath there in a big storm. Think of a giant 30' parachute and aluminum frame, lightning cracking, thunder, big wind, the works. I ran for it after about 20-30 minutes and thought I might get blown sideways off the dock. It was rather scary how fast it all came up, but fortunately we weren't caught out on the lake.

The good news is I learned first hand it's time to re-seal the canopy with 303 fabric protector ;-)

We just had a little rain down our end.

Poured like a son of a b----h!!! Had dime sized hail but not as much as other parts of Mooresville. Rained hard again about 2145.....

We have another severe storm forecasted for today.  I'm hoping it isn't going to be as bad as the last one when the power lines all came crashing down and blew one of the power poles in half.  It's already starting to cloud up.

Send us the rain. My grass is looking like a golden wheat field. You walk on it and you hear a crunch.

Send us the rain. My grass is looking like a golden wheat field. You walk on it and you hear a crunch.

You can have the rain if you'll take the snow this winter too!  :p

Never mind....I'll take dry hot summer days!!!

No rain = no grass = no mowing = more boating = win!!!  :D

Back