Welcome to Club Bennington

I just bought a 2009 2275 GLI with 205 hours on it. We picked it up today and immediately put it on the water.

Congratulations. Sounds like you got a gem of a boat with low hours. I hope. You have a great summer on it! Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the family Joseph! She looks like a beauty all right! Lots of knowledgeable folks on this site so if you have a problem with the radio, ask away! Be sure and post some pictures once you get her in the water...

Welcome aboard!

Well Hello Bennington Crew!! My girlfriend Kari and I are proud new owners of our first Bennington Pontoon we purchased last Friday! We are super excited to get it in the water for the 4th of July Weekend! The Bennington is a 2017 SSX 20' and she is a beauty. One time owner with only 130 miles on the engine. Have her surveyed and checked out and after we take care of a few things we will be ready to roll! Thought I'd stop in and say Hello!

Dee

Well Hello Bennington Crew!! My girlfriend Kari and I are proud new owners of our first Bennington Pontoon we purchased last Friday! We are super excited to get it in the water for the 4th of July Weekend! The Bennington is a 2017 SSX 20' and she is a beauty. One time owner with only 130 miles on the engine. Have her surveyed and checked out and after we take care of a few things we will be ready to roll! Thought I'd stop in and say Hello!

Dee

Welcome aboard!
Pics or it ain’t true .... ;):D

Welcome aboard!
Pics or it ain’t true .... ;):D
Haha Fair Enough!!

Now to the important stuff, the gas gauged stop working while we were out on our Sea Test. We bought it "As Is" so that I can get some experience working on our new boat. However, I was wondering if these forums have some general information about Bennington on how to make repairs. Our boat is just moved out of warranty so either its a DIY or send out a mechanic. I would like to explore fixing it myself.
Bennington_SSX_03.jpg benningtonSSX_01.jpg BenningtonSSX_02.jpg

Haha Fair Enough!!

Now to the important stuff, the gas gauged stop working while we were out on our Sea Test. We bought it "As Is" so that I can get some experience working on our new boat. However, I was wondering if these forums have some general information about Bennington on how to make repairs. Our boat is just moved out of warranty so either its a DIY or send out a mechanic. I would like to explore fixing it myself.
View attachment 25239 View attachment 25240 View attachment 25241

Welcome aboard. Boat and crew looking ready for summer! :cool:

Welcome!

How could a 2017 boat be out of warranty? They have a TEN year warranty.

With only 130 hours on the engine, I’d have trouble imagining much being wrong on a Bennington unless it had been abused or poorly maintained.

Welcome!

How could a 2017 boat be out of warranty? They have a TEN year warranty.

With only 130 hours on the engine, I’d have trouble imagining much being wrong on a Bennington unless it had been abused or poorly maintained.

Thanks for the response Shmily. When we asked about the warranty, he mentioned that he thought the warranty ended after the second year of ownership. Are there different types of warranties? We are brand spanking new to this. The previous owner gave us all the paperwork and I haven't gone through it all yet. The licensed surveyor told us that the boat was in great shape. Said the gas gauge should be a simple fix on a boat that new. I'll look through the paperwork and we have already reached out to the Bennington dealer where the boat was purchased to see if there is a warranty that is transferrable.

Ok we have just gone through the documents we have for the boat and the previous owner was correct but he was referring to the Engine on the boat, not the boat itself. It appears we are covered for the Bow to Stern Warranty. Excellent news

Ok we have just gone through the documents we have for the boat and the previous owner was correct but he was referring to the Engine on the boat, not the boat itself. It appears we are covered for the Bow to Stern Warranty. Excellent news
The Bennington warranty needs to be transferred by an authorized dealer. If you did not buy through an authorized dealer, get in touch with Bennington to find the closest dealer, then link up with them to transfer the warranty.

That makes more sense. A pleasant surprise for you for sure. The 10 year Bennington warranty is one of the Best ones out there. It really is a shame we cannot get that kind of warranty on all of our fancy motors. ;)

Welcome and congratulations. I believe Yamaha has a standard three year warranty, you may still have some time left on that too.

Welcome and congrats on the new boat! Where in FL do you boat?

Hello!!! Just joined forum but have had our Benny since August 2017. Was the 10 year warranty in effect for a 2013 Bennington 22SLX or is that more recently introduced? If not, what warranty was in effect as it was sold to original owner late 2013 and picked up early 2014. We are second owner. Powered by Yamaha F115 LA outboard that goes forever on fuel. Planning on replacing cable steering with Uflex Hytech hydraulic steering after reading rave reviews. (SeaStar has history of leaks after 2-3 years) Overton's has kit with lines for $518 free shipping (30% off thru July 2019) and it is rated up to 150 hp outboards so it is well built setup. Cable system getting play in it and helm squeaks. Portland, Oregon :)

No. That would have been 7 year IF YOU JOINED THE FORUM at that time.
Also warranty needs transferred by dealer. Not all dealers may require this, but it’s in the warranty.

No. That would have been 7 year IF YOU JOINED THE FORUM at that time.
Also warranty needs transferred by dealer. Not all dealers may require this, but it’s in the warranty.
I did buy it from the same Bennington dealer as sold it new so he did transfer warranty. Looks like only plywood/structure still in effect now though. Not a lot to worry about with these well built boats.

Back