Wetsounds Upgrade!

Hey Derrick, checking back in with you on the Wetsound upgrade. I went yesterday to look at sea legs and listen to stereo and when we jumped into the showroom model with the Upgrade battery was dead they had it playing all weekend for their spring meet and greet. Dealer assured me you will not need anything else!!! He told me they needed to turn it down on numerous occasions!!!!! Also said the tower speakers are loud as hell!!! That's pretty loud.!!! Also I should have snapped some pics of my trailer you would like RED!!! Boat due to arrive on Fri. I will try and post pics!!!

Haha (that's pretty loud!) dang I wish I could hear it! Although until I sell my boat it is a moot point I suppose. I guess either way I will be having a stereo, either the new one comes with or my old one gets a new one! Tempted to put the as-10 in the helm and run a couple extra 10" free air subs and change out all the kicker speakers is a definite as well, torn on the free air subs, those are big holes! Haha

One thing you might think of adding is the WS-420 EQ. (Wetsounds eq) It allows you to fade or blend between the tower and the in boat speakers. Example if you don't want to be blasting the lake out behind you, you can fade out the tower speakers just by turning a knob. Same go's for the sub Volume you can add some bump or turn it down real quick. We have a EQ on the 06 RLI/O and it has rear facing speakers the EQ works great for quickly adjusting the sound where you want it
Hey Gee, quick question for you, I had looked at the eq, but I remember using it on my cousins boat and it takes over all volume control, so his deck volume did nothing, is this the case on yours? I'm just wondering then if the eq would also make the rear stereo pod only good for changing tracks as well, so no volume control. Although I do like the PA system with the eq so you can yell at people being/doing stupid things!

Hey guys, been reading all your posts, And now i'm going to make some calls on tuesday... So when we went to the boat show in feb, is where we first seen the Q and the sound was amazing, clear, loud, crisp...So we ordered the boat, with of course the Wet sounds upgrade, and while on the lake , we were like, this doens't sound like the other boat, then thought well maybe cuz it was indoors, but after looking at the pics we took of the show boat we realized that they bennington ripped us off.. this is what i got, 2 rev 8, 2 ht4, 1sub enclosure... but not 8xs650... but 8 Kicker speakers, WtF... We called wet sounds, and they said they should be xs650s, Don't know what went wrong, paperwork says wet sounds, If i turn up the volume over 21, the kickers, start cracking and shut down, the rev8 are still active.. if i turn off the master power switch and turn on, it must reset the amp and comes back on.. any thoughts on why they would put the kickers in instead of the xs650.. thanks guys...

I would shoot an email to Bennington and your dealer.

Just sent a contact to bennington, to get dan hahns email, since he was the one showing off the sound system.. did they pull a bait and switch on us..??

Maybe just a mistake?

i was thinking the same thing, maybe the order did not get written up correctly.. cuz there is a lot diffence in the price.. I talked to wet sounds and they told me that the xs650 with the led rings are about 400 pr x 4 pairs... and i know the kicker speakers are probally about 150 a pair.. quite a diffence..

Just sent a contact to bennington, to get dan hahns email, since he was the one showing off the sound system.. did they pull a bait and switch on us..??
Please wait till you hear from Bennington, or your dealer before making questionable statements without facts to back them up.

I am all for getting what you pay for, but making the above statements before even having the answer is not fair to your dealer or Bennington. I'm sure if its an error on their part, they will make it right, but please refrain from browbeating them till you get an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reasoning is this, (this is from Tim at Wet Sounds) Bennington wanted the Wet Sounds system, they sat there, figured out the stuff and started doing Wet Sounds instead of Kickers, the problem came because they wanted them to all light up, some say because they were getting rid of the 'mood lighting' that used to be mounted. WS supplied the LED rings but the problem was that the extra protrusion caused interference with some of the seats when they opened them they would rub on the speaker. That obviously wasn't going to work so Tim set out to design a new speaker with the LED's behind the tweeter, in the mean time Bennington had to revert back to the Kickers. It was not done to fool anyone, it was simply to avoid future problems with seat issues. Now Wet Sounds is done creating the speaker, it is a Wet Sounds XS-650 RGB. An amazing speaker. Bennington did change the description to say it came with Kickers, even though it is called the Wet Sounds upgrade, which in all fairness is true since the inboard speakers are "factory" and the upgrade on standard boats is the amp and self powered sub, and on tower models, the 2 amps, self powered sub, and 2 tower speakers. As I said this is from my discussion with Tim when I was looking to upgrade my 2012 RCW. Hope that helps a little, to know it wasn't done in a negative way or anything like that.

Wasn't bashing anyone or thinking someone slipped something by me, There is a bigger picture to my comment, that i won't get into too, I think my biggest gripe was that when the boat was ordered, some things weren't written up correctly, and they ( dealer) was going back and forth getting clairafacation on all the options, there were several things left off the order sheet when we received our copy from bennington, so we were going back and forth, and i think that is where the problem is, So Derrick post makes complete sense, because if the front speakers had the led ring, it would hit the seat, so i agree, and i also talked to wet sounds, and they confirmed that now they make the tweeter light up. This is why i sent a very nice message to bennington, not accusing buy asking them for some clairafaction,.. A couple of things for you guys that have the teak flooring, are you having any lifting problems, i have a big bubble in the middle of the teak between the rear loungers.. Thanks

Fatee2k

I have some pictures posted in my gallery of the teak flooring bubbling just in front of the rear loungers. Waiting to hear from dealer on what caused the issue and how they plan on fixing it.

Todd

Well since I've been asking for a couple of months for someone to post pics of their Wet Sounds stereo, where the amps are mounted, wiring and all that stuff, and no one did. I figured since I have now come into possession of a few pics, I would do it myself. That way if anyone else is wondering, they can see too.

Thanks again goes to EM!

Back