What boat did you order?

Ok at the risk of driving everyone crazy here's where I'm at, I can upgrade my 2575rds to a dual elliptical pontoon with a 175 hp motor and hydraulic steering and a couple of other odds and sods that take it from my earlier price of 57$ to approx another 8 so now we are creeping to 65k. OR the other option is a 2575qcw with arch and 300hp motor for 77k.

I guess it's still a 12k diff but damn it crept up fast. I am just putting this out there one more time, I do like the layout better of the rsd, I could add a 300 to that but it was another 15k with he other required options. Unless someone can say the 300 gives a much better boating experience than a 175 then I'll hold tight. Not only the motor but the three pods over the two I upgraded to

OK so in your opinion the 150 is adequate? I just checked the config of 2575QCW and I like the 2575RSD config a lot better for entertaining.
I have a 2375 RCW with the  SPS package and Sport Arch ( weights as much as 2 additional people ) and a 150 . Clean toons I can get to 38 

Because I don't go on the oat build I don't really know the entire lineup of Bennys that well.  After reading this thread I went to take a look; Railmonkey I assume you mean you are looking at the 2575 RSD [not RDS].  You seem to like that layout [and I find it very interesting as well]  But you seem to be comparing the layout to the QCW.  If that is the case why not price out the 2575 QSD to get the same layout. 

Never order at a boat show. Take it all in, get the brochures and tentative pricing and above all read this forum before placing a down payment. You're brain won't get scrambled and the dealer won't get testy when you change your order every other day as you learn more about the boat. Take it from my experience, I ordered my boat 'ass-backwards'. Research first, then look at boats, then look at forum topics, then pick your boat and options, and finally pick a dealer and negotiate. IMO

Dan
I will scream that advice from every Dock , every Marina, every Boat Show !

It is the worse thing you could do , never be anxious to jump the gun. We wait

with great anticipation for the Boat Show to begin. we take one or two days to take it 

all in and BANG we buy to only have regrets. I did my homework on the product

felt confidant in what I needed, unfortunately did not do the same amount of homework

on other things.

DEALER

The forum was instrumental on getting me to upgrade the originally suggested Yamaha 60

to the Yamaha 90 before I took delivery, best move I ever made. No regrets there, thanks to The Bennington Forum Family .  :)

107175344.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing the right thing by investigating and asking questions. there are many options available take it all in. Took me about a month of hard looking to decide on what I wanted. So far nothing else has peaked my interest within my budget.

" I can upgrade my 2575rds to a dual elliptical pontoon."

Make sure it is the Twin Elliptical Performance package- fresh or saltwater

Had a member purchase a Q without the wave-shield and I believe is adding it now.  

The elliptical have some advantages - Fastest speed for HP due to less drag, extra floatation with out the drag penalty. Disadvantage is it turns flat at speed. It is a really weird sensation at first.     Not a problem if you don't pull a tube or ski behind it.  You still can pull them, the boat just handles differently than a SPS would turn. 

As with all boats, configure it to how you will use it.  

Our Bennies' handle totally differently but they are designed for different activities.  

Link - I just saw your question, I didn't ask for a price on the Q with the same layout as the one I ended up with as I was just trying to justify cost. At some point I have to draw the line - there's mission creep, I justify the 59k saying its only 8k more to upgrade to get some of the things I want. When I can settle with that number, then I think well, it's only another 10k to get the Q and get everything I want. - ultimately 20k off my original budget. However that was my last minute mind wrestling contest. I'm OK with what I ultimately got and still have some money to put towards getting a lift.  I try not to think about it now I have made a decision or I'd have another weak moment. 

Someone released a monster - couldn't feel comfortable on my final choice and the  I thought well damn, this man Link is making sense. So I switched and nailed down the QSR model with a 250. Has the same layout as previous one so the plan is never to tell the missus and she will think its the same 59k boat. What have I done....   

Well..congrats and at least you'll have a nice boat to sleap on when she does find out!!!! Can't wait to see pics. You have balls my friend.

I'll keep my balls until the wife finds out and then they will be on the mantle in a jar 

Just do what they always do to us, when it comes in, or papers are being signed and she notices, say "Honey, don't you remember,  we talked about this. I asked you if you liked the Q style better and you said yes, so I said well it costs a bit more and you said "well aren't I worth it?" and of course you are honey, so I got it for you, to make you happy............so are you happy? Man I'd love to see that play out!! Take a before and after picture of yourself,  I want to see the swelling. Hehe well done though!

I'll keep my balls until the wife finds out and then they will be on the mantle in a jar
You could probably do without them. It's the other part you need to keep.

Just do what they always do to us, when it comes in, or papers are being signed and she notices, say "Honey, don't you remember,  we talked about this. I asked you if you liked the Q style better and you said yes, so I said well it costs a bit more and you said "well aren't I worth it?" and of course you are honey, so I got it for you, to make you happy............so are you happy?
"And that's the last thing I remember, before waking up and seeing you Doc."

Cheers, Steve

Final Bennington Pontoon order:  Miller Marine, St. Cloud,MN.  2-20-15

21SLX – 25” twin tube

Granite Gray panels

Matador Red accent

Sandstone soft touch interior

Canvas – Matador Red, cover will have snaps

Maple matte accents on helm, wheel, and tables

Windshield

10’ Bimini top – Matador Red

Bluetooth stereo

Custom wheel upgrade with tilt

Maple table in back in matte finish

Bow rectangular table in matte maple

G – series helm seat

Full aqua-teak floor in Nutmeg

Garmin Echo 100depth gauge

G – series curved stern ladder with aluminum platform

2 movable cup holders

Bow gate seat

Stainless steel docking lights

H.D. rubrail

Underdeck “Wave Shield”

Lifting strakes – open

Rough water package

Battery – single switch

Yamaha F115 H.P. motor – fully rigged

Delivery to Barnes, WI. Included

Free storage until spring – until ice is out and dock in?

Approx. $27K

Final Bennington Pontoon order:  Miller Marine, St. Cloud,MN.  2-20-15

21SLX – 25” twin tube

Granite Gray panels

Matador Red accent

Sandstone soft touch interior

Canvas – Matador Red, cover will have snaps

Maple matte accents on helm, wheel, and tables

Windshield

10’ Bimini top – Matador Red

Bluetooth stereo

Custom wheel upgrade with tilt

Maple table in back in matte finish

Bow rectangular table in matte maple

G – series helm seat

Full aqua-teak floor in Nutmeg

Garmin Echo 100depth gauge

G – series curved stern ladder with aluminum platform

2 movable cup holders

Bow gate seat

Stainless steel docking lights

H.D. rubrail

Underdeck “Wave Shield”

Lifting strakes – open

Rough water package

Battery – single switch

Yamaha F115 H.P. motor – fully rigged

Delivery to Barnes, WI. Included

Free storage until spring – until ice is out and dock in?

Approx. $27K
Great boat Dan.  My dealer was Miller as well.  I ordered my boat in Sept.  It was delivered to Miller in November when it was rigged.  We inspected in December.  They are storing until spring.  They are a great dealership!  3rd boat from them...2nd toon.

Back