what brand

rob

Reaction score
ordered a new 24 sli last week, now i have to decide what motor to have installed ? i have a choice of a mercury 115 4 stroke or a yamaha 115 for stroke. both cost the same. any suggestions? :huh:

Personally I think all outboard makes available today are good. I would talk to your dealer about which brand he feels most comfortable with. If you were to have a problem with the engine, which brand would he be able to get back on the water quickest. If he sells more of one brand over the other he may have more certified Techs to work on that brand, and may have more parts in stock.... My dealer offered to put a Yamaha if I wanted, but he really only sells Mercury. Also the lake I book at has several Mercury certified shops surrounding it, but the closest Yamaha service center is an hour plus away from my dock...

i went with the mercury 115 4 stroke mainly because around here mercury service and repair is 3 to 1 to the yamaha.

we have had no issues with our yamaha and yamaha used to make many of the mercury models several years ago.

ordered a new 24 sli last week, now i have to decide what motor to have installed ? i have a choice of a mercury 115 4 stroke or a yamaha 115 for stroke. both cost the same. any suggestions? :huh:
We chose the Yamaha power plant for our TOON. And we are very happy with it so far.

Yamaha has always been the most advanced and trouble free outboards made. They certainly are the most co-operative if an issue arises. Their R&D keeps them on top of the pile.

Both quality manufacturers.  I agree, go with the one that you feel can be serviced best 

Back