What is the Difference Between an SL 21 and an SX 21?

There are many cars that change "mid" year with design/option availability. Cars produced prior year from September on may not have same design whether it be interior/exterior the following July but both carry the same year badging. If you feel you got "taken" then you need to address that with the dealer. Bennington may dictate the "year" but the dealer dictates the selling price.

Irregardless, bear in mind you have a "2015" if and when it comes to resale.

Hahaha...... Link you type faster than me !!!!

I understand your frustration but I have to wonder if the price were the same, your timing the same, but it was tagged as a 2014 would you still be upset? It's frustrating, but manufacturers and dealers have to sell old stock before they produce and load up on new stock. I don't feel it's the responsibility of neither the dealer nor the manufacturer to tell every customer of next years pending changes. willingly giving customers analysis paralysis is bad for their bottom line. Tell a customer the new model in two months is going to be better could very well cost them a sale if that customer is in the market NOW. You didn't want to wait to order a boat, you had a paid for slip, had they told you to wait it is possible you could've jumped shipped from Bennington and your dealer and bought the latest and greatest from a competitor. Same goes for cars, customer has two weeks to spend their insurance check until the rental car gets taken away. No dealer in their right mind tells that guy the car on the lot for purchase right now is going to be old body style in a few months. There's nothing deceptive in that, they have a product in stock to sell, their job is to get it sold, not talk people into waiting. It's the customers job to do the research and ask the questions. You bought a brand new boat with a full warranty at a fair price, not sure why there needs to be some sort of "resolution"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will also throw this out there. I have an awesome knowledgeable dealer, BUT last year, there were a couple items that they did not know were coming (or could not admit knowledge of), that we knew via the "forum" grapevine ..... Not that it was "fact" here, but reliable rumor. I'm sure dealers know certain things, but quite possibly could be held to confidentiality disclosures as part of their dealer contract ...... just a thought.

I just purchased a 2015 21SLX and now that you mention it, we're paying $7K more for the curved bow seats, different side railings, different graphics and that's about it except the SLX has a much larger set of options to select from on the boat builder but we shouldn't have to pay for a broader choice! Hmmmm

Back