What was your craziest or scariest boating adventure?

But you got that thruster! Does it help?!?
Hi, yes that has made the stress of my tight slip much more manageable. In a normal slip or dock, this makes the docking a snap. I do try to do without, just to learn. But, sometimes I just like the ease that the thruster provides.

I was still in high school in the early 2000's when my dad and I trailered the 1995 Yamaha WaveRaiders from Northern Ohio to Norris Lake in Tennessee. We rode the whole lake over a few days and it was time to pack it up and head home. As we were holding onto the launch dock ready to back the trailer in the water my dad said we still have one last little portion of the lake to ride. We had put in by Norris Dam Marina and wanted to ride one last portion of the lake up to Twin Cove Marina. It is probably 8-10 miles up that portion of the lake. So instead of putting the gallon zip lock bag with the truck keys and his wallet back under the seat he shoved it down deep between his chest and life jacket. We rode all the way up to Twin Cove and decided we didn't need to stop for fuel or food and turned right around and headed back to the truck and trailer. Upon arriving at the boat ramp we both started looking at each other and pointing fingers saying, "no you have the keys!" We finally realized the zip lock bag with keys and wallet were somewhere on the stretch of the water. So we proceeded to ride the whole portion of the lake again looking for that gallon zip lock bag. We rode all the way back up to Twin Cove turned around and rode almost all the way back to the launch ramp. As we came within 1/2 mile of the launch ramp we saw a husband and wife fishing out of this tiny little aluminum fishing boat. We approached them and asked if they happened to have seen a zip lock bag floating anywhere on the lake. They shook their heads no. Then all of a sudden the wife looked up and pointed across the lake at the shore line and said, "what's that way over there by that log on the shore?" Neither my dad or I could even see the log that woman was pointing at. To our utter amazement we rode over to the shore and there on the shoreline was the zip lock with the truck keys and my dad's wallet. He proceeded to pull out a hundred dollar bill and gave it to them saying, "take this woman out for a nice dinner because she has to be an angel!" The husband just kept saying how she seems to always find everything that goes missing... I still believe today we met an angel because no human could every possible see a clear zip lock bag that far away.

Last edited:
I was still in high school in the early 2000's when my dad and I trailered the 1995 Yamaha WaveRaiders from Northern Ohio to Norris Lake in Tennessee. We rode the whole lake over a few days and it was time to pack it up and head home. As we were holding onto the launch dock ready to back the trailer in the water my dad said we still have one last little portion of the lake to ride. We had put in by Norris Dam Marina and wanted to ride one last portion of the lake up to Twin Cove Marina. It is probably 8-10 miles up that portion of the lake. So instead of putting the gallon zip lock bag with the truck keys and his wallet back under the seat he shoved it down deep between his chest and life jacket. We rode all the way up to Twin Cove and decided we didn't need to stop for fuel or food and turned right around and headed back to the truck and trailer. Upon arriving at the boat ramp we both started looking at each other and pointing fingers saying, "no you have the keys!" We finally realized the zip lock bag with keys and wallet were somewhere on the stretch of the water. So we proceeded to ride the whole portion of the lake again looking for that gallon zip lock bag. We rode all the way back up to Twin Cove turned around and rode almost all the way back to the launch ramp. As we came within 1/2 mile of the launch ramp we saw a husband and wife fishing out of this tiny little aluminum fishing boat. We approached them and asked if they happened to have seen a zip lock bag floating anywhere on the lake. They shook their heads no. Then all of a sudden the wife looked up and pointed across the lake at the shore line and said, "what's that way over there by that log on the shore?" Neither my dad or I could even see the log that woman was pointing at. To our utter amazement we rode over to the shore and there on the shoreline was the zip lock with the truck keys and my dad's wallet. He proceeded to pull out a hundred dollar bill and gave it to them saying, "take this woman out for a nice dinner because she has to be an angel!" The husband just kept saying how she seems to always find everything that goes missing... I still believe today we met an angel because no human could every possible see a clear zip lock bag that far away.
Great story! Frankly, I wasn’t expecting such a happy ending.

Last edited:
Great story! Frankly, I wasn’t expecting a such a happy ending.
I thought he was going to say his dad forgot he stuck it inside life vest, after driving all around looking for it.

This one time, I let my wife drive..... I can't even continue this story, I mean literally, that's the end of the story, but it's still too traumatic to think back on! Haha

Back