What's the difference between 2275RL AND 2275RLi ??

Dmonnny123

Reaction score
2008 2275 rli and I'm curious what that means?? Is there a difference between the two? Can't find a straight answer anywhere on the Internet

The model cheat sheet that I have seen doesn't cover the I.  Is your boat by chance an inboard / outboard. I have seen I/O after thte model to designate whcich are I/O vs O typically the outboards have no designation and the I/O are designated as such after the model number

RLi has an extended aft deck.

Hmm. It sure is a tiny one on my boat... Only a little portion on each side of the motor.. Is that the only difference?!

Question, did you actually see both a 2008 2275RL, and a 2008 2275RLi? I had a 2009 2075GLi and there definitely was no extended deck on it.I was told that the old GLi is the same as the newer GL. Not sure why there was an "i" on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that Derrick is correct and they just shortened the name from RLi to RL

Our boat is a 2007  2275 rl. In 2008 it was rli, and the fuel tank was moved to the center.

Hmm. Interesting. Wonder why?

The reason I ask... I bought a new cover off a 2008 2275 rl off eBay from a marina.. I called and spoke with the dealer.. They assured me it would fit my 2008 2275 rli.. Well I bought it and it lines up.. Ish. Seems to be very snug, and the back is a little different.. Has an extra flap off drivers side.. Looks and feels different than the original cover I had. But. I got it for 675 shipped instead of 1600 sooooo...

see spec book here. Page 42 and 43. http://www.powerboats.com/movies/08_bennington_e-catalog.pdf

It looks like the RL has a different sundeck than the RLi.

It looks like the RLi is a one piece, and the RL is a 2 or 3 piece?  

I have an RLi (20111) and it's one big piece. I think the RL has a tip up portion at the motor.

Very good Smitty. I have 3 pieces that flip up. One long one is the changing room, one over the fuel tank, and one over the motor.

If that is also true for 2012 then I have an RLi  as my sundeck is a single.  Thanks for the clarification SemperFi 

Thanks SemperFi, I'll stick with RL

I was under impression the Rli was a better option (more money) than the RL... Not so sure now....

Back