What's the size of my boat

timjet

Reaction score
The max weight, HP and most people aboard placard located below the throttle indicates I have this model: 22'-SPS-200.
A sticker on the side of the boat indicates I have a 23' Saltwater series.
What gives??

The max weight, HP and most people aboard placard located below the throttle indicates I have this model: 22'-SPS-200.
A sticker on the side of the boat indicates I have a 23' Saltwater series.
What gives??
What’s your purchase paperwork say?

The placard is called the capacity plate. Found near throttle/helm. 22’ = length, SPS = type of hull, and of course 200 = max motor size.

Side of boat is indicating 23’ boot, so that is an odd discrepancy from your capacity plate. As for it saying “Salt water Series” that is in reference to having the salt water package. Neither spot is indicating what model or layout you have. That should be in your paperwork.

Model and layout, as well as this specific info, should be in your purchase paperwork.

Also, the length and at least model is often on the side of the boat too. Sometimes some info is up front on side panel (mine says Bennington Premium) , and other info towards back of the boat on a side panel (mine says 24 SX).

Lastly, you could take your Hull ID and inquire through a dealer to get information from Bennington.

My 2021 23 SX Premium swingback has the same capacity plate near the helm as well (22'-SPS-200). Never made any sense to me either.

My 2014, 23 RCW SA was titled as a 23ft yet the LOA was 26.6 .
You can contact Bennington with the link below .Be sure to include your Hull ID

I Finally got home and looked at the paper work. The title says 22'4" and the only paperwork I got from Bennington as shown in the picture indicates it's 23'11". So I guess I have a boat with 3 official lengths if you include the placard below the throttle which shows 22'. Bennington should decide on a length and stick with it.

Attachments

• 20220226_164307.jpg
    20220226_164307.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 29
If I remember right for example when Bennington model is 2275 the 22 is the length of the deck. The 23’ 11” is the measurement of the pontoon logs.

If I remember right for example when Bennington model is 2275 the 22 is the length of the deck. The 23’ 11” is the measurement of the pontoon logs.
Actually I think this is backwards Mark.
On mine the logs are 23 (23GCW), my deck is 24’ something. Total overall length includes motor pod

Well, it doesn't really matter. I was just surprised that my boat was advertised as a 23 footer and when I get it home I noticed the placard below the throttle shows 22 ft. Just like the paperwork from Bennington I posted above shows a '18 boat but the title shows '19 and it was advertised as a '19. Again it doesn't really matter to me as we are really happy with the boat but I could see it a problem for some.

I may order a new boat. I have begun to think about a 22L instead of my original 23L pick. Where will I give up length if I go with the 22 footer? Is it the front furniture or the aft deck?

From the pics on the build site it looks like the front. Check with your dealer
I may order a new boat. I have begun to think about a 22L instead of my original 23L pick. Where will I give up length if I go with the 22 footer? Is it the front furniture or the aft deck?

Watch the furniture. Originally I was going to order a 22 back in 2017 but the front port lounger didn’t have a backrest. I decided on the 23 with backrest. Sure glad I did. I sit there a lot.

I believe pontoons are title off the length of the pontoons and not the deck length or the length including the engine mount well.

What’s your purchase paperwork say?

The placard is called the capacity plate. Found near throttle/helm. 22’ = length, SPS = type of hull, and of course 200 = max motor size.

Side of boat is indicating 23’ boot, so that is an odd discrepancy from your capacity plate. As for it saying “Salt water Series” that is in reference to having the salt water package. Neither spot is indicating what model or layout you have. That should be in your paperwork.

Model and layout, as well as this specific info, should be in your purchase paperwork.

Also, the length and at least model is often on the side of the boat too. Sometimes some info is up front on side panel (mine says Bennington Premium) , and other info towards back of the boat on a side panel (mine says 24 SX).

Lastly, you could take your Hull ID and inquire through a dealer to get information from Bennington.
The SX and LX are both listed as 1 foot longer, though they are exact same platform as the S and L models (the LX26 = same as L25). This drove me crazy when buying the boats - I figured there MUST be a difference - NOPE, a marketing move to "represent the actual boat length" - though my 25/Lx26 is really 27 feet......LOL. This is confirmed by the Specs, and I measured L25, R25 and LX26 - all exactly the same.

Last edited:
Sadly, there is no industry standard regarding this. In other words, there is no particular place on a 23' boat that must be 23'. For example, a 22G was same length as 23SX for many years. I hope that made sense to you because it does not to me! LOL

Back