Where can I order a new front panel ? Cruiser waves at Ozarks no joke.....

I believe you’ll have to go through your dealership. Sorry for the wave mishap. I hear a lot, even up here in Michigan, about those wake waves in LOTO. Brutal.

Plus 1 on the dealer

That’s a shame. Some boaters have no consideration for others. The dealer may also be able to advise or help in some interim repairs. Getting a new panel from the factory may take awhile. At least the boat is usable so try to enjoy the boat for the season.

Ouch....Will be costly to return it like it was from factory. Here is a possible option....What about pulling the seating mounting bolts and move away seats for access to back side and cut the damaged painted metal skin out and replace with aluminum diamond plate sheeting cut and formed in a curve to look and fit like it was made that way. Rivet or screw panels securely to frame so it is strong for another future roque wave. Can leave polished or have an auto body shop prepaint panels to match factory colors before installing. They put aluminum diamond plate on front of travel trailers for stone guards from road debris kicked up by tires. They look good and would reinforce the playpen frame stronger than stock. Expensive aluminum fishing boats use this material also.

This is something that is a when, not if for me down here. Not uncommon for me to come across 60’ sport fish and 100+’ yachts. As long as no one was hurt it could have been worse.

This exact same thing happened to me last summer. My boat was brand new, a month old. I was a little heavy in the front and just cruising slow. Wasn't paying enough attention and a huge wave rolled up perpendicular. Smashed my front panel in, exactly like your picture. My dealer was great and got Bennington to send a new panel for free. I had to pay 2.5 hours of labor for the install. This happened a few times over the years in my previous Bennington, and that never happened. In the current models, there is no reinforcement up there, very easy to dent that front end. Needless to say, that will never happen again to me. I am much more aware now to watch for those types of waves and avoid them, or if unavoidable, hit the throttle a bit to keep them from coming over the front end. Our lake is smaller, so it's not the big cruisers, but the wake boats in surf mode that throw those waves.

Just bear in mind, this is not a “Bennington” issue, probably 90% of the pontoon manufactures are the same front panel construction that can be damaged by waves cresting the bow.

Back