Where did my topic go?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
I sure would like to know where my topic on axle weights and tongue weights went. Did someone delete it and if so who and why?

Derrick

Why don't you just pick up where you left? Axles are usually have 3500 pounds max axles. The normal trailer tongue weight should be 10-15% of the total weight of the load.

My 150 hp tritoon weighs about 3200 lbs, and with the trailer weighs about 4000 lbs. That means I need a tandem axle trailer and about 400 lbs. on the trailer tongue.

A 20' pontoon with a 70 hp engine can make it with a single axle trailer.

The penalty for not having enough weight is a death sway. I've lived through two of them, including one with a skid steer loader. Having a load swinging back 90 degrees in your rear mirror is a terrifying thing to see. I learned the hard way when it comes to trailers.

Well I just find it very confusing why someone would have deleted it. I was going to update it and talk about the fact that I have been in contact with EZ Loader and what they have to say about it. But now I'm trying to figure out why. I appreciate your info, but it has nothing to do with my topic I had started. My concern was with the fact that I think I have TOO much tongue weight and the problems with the 'custom' trailer design. I am wondering if for some reason since I was told that Bennington and EZ Loader have a 'deal' (and no I don't know what that means or anything about it other than supposedly better pricing) if THAT is the reason my post was deleted. I sure hope not.

Derrick

Massive spam attack and clean up this afternoon. It may have been dinged by mistake.

It's in "Dock Talk", Derrick...........................

Back