Where would be the best place to post my '06 for sale in Daytona Beach

Forrester

Reaction score
I understand there is no classified section for owners for Boats, Motors and Trailers. Can anyone suggest a good place to list an ad, obviously I don't have much experience with these things. I hope this doesn't violate forum rules.
Thanks for any help.

I sold my previous bow rider fairly quick on Craig’s list.

+1 for Craigs list

Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and many of the younger people like apps such as LetGo or other similar ones. Also your dealer will probably take it in and sell for a comission

Craigslist or FB marketplace. We just sold our pwc on it this weekend.

First off thanks to everyone for their replys. I'm not on Facebook or any other social media, but I have a friend who maybe able to post it to the marketplace for me, in the mean time I will try to post on Craigslist, I like the idea of the dealer consignment, but unfortunately the boat was purchased new from a dealer in the Tampa area and I now live in Daytona Beach on the other side of the state about a four hour drive. The dealer would want to see it in person then decide, so I will look for a local dealer near me and see if they would be interested. Boat trader looks good too but I think I may get lost in the crowd.
Thanks again and I will let you know how things work out.

I listed mine on BoatTrader and got quite a few enquiries and a bunch of tire-kickers. But it did lead to a probable sale. Deposit taken but haven't completed the demo ride yet (later this week). I tried four different Craigslist locations but never got a call. Dealing with tire-kickers and low-ballers gets old so sometimes it's easier to let a Broker deal with the headaches for a small percentage of the sale.

FB Marketplace is nice cause you can see their profile and get “somewhat” of an idea of who they are ...

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the advice and suggestions. It took me a week to finally write an ad. I posted it yesterday around 6PM on Daytona Craigslist fully planning on posting it to some of the other suggested sites. When I checked this mornings emails I had several replies all local. Showed it midday today and sold it to the first buyer.
So just wanted to thank everyone once a gain for your help.

Congrats! Mine is sold as well so I'm boatless for the first time in 15 years. I'm seeking therapy as we speak...

What are you leaning towards for a replacement?

Lake,
Not sure if you were asking Forrester or myself. If it was me, not sure yet. I probably won't buy anything for at least a year or two as we'll be moving into a new house at the end of the year. If the question was for Forrester then disregard, lol.

If it was me I’d go without a house before I went without a boat!

Yeah, while I admire your spirit I'd have to say your lovely wife would probably see it differently. LOL! Then again, they do make houseboats... :)

Yeah, while I admire your spirit I'd have to say your lovely wife would probably see it differently. LOL! Then again, they do make houseboats... :)

That's why I said if it was me! We all know I don't call the shots!!

The "problem" is we are moving back to Kali so we're closer to the kids/grandkids. I won't have the room nor are there many lakes in San Diego County where I could enjoy the Benny so the best thing was to just let her go. It wasn't an easy decision but for us the best one. Now, will I ever own another Benny? Probably. I loved the boat and would buy another in a heartbeat if I had a place to run it.

Congrats! Mine is sold as well so I'm boatless for the first time in 15 years. I'm seeking therapy as we speak...

Congrats on the sale Randy!

Joe,
Thanks and keep an eye out. I'm sure you'll see it on the lake. Super nice people that bought it so I have comfort knowing it went to a good home.

Back