Who is in GA/TN near I-75?

lakeliving

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals

It looks like we might be directly in the path of Hurricane Dorian and we’ll probably be heading north to Michigan tomorrow evening unless there is some big changes to the forecast. I know a cat4 will destroy my boat if I leave it so the plan is to take it with us but Ideally I’d like to drop the boat off somewhere along the way out of the danger zone. So is anyone along the 1-75 corridor that might have room for me to leave my boat for a week while we are in Michigan? Figured it was worth a shot!

Thanks!

Be safe Andy. Wish we could help, but doubt you want to detour through Pa. ... :confused:

I'm off of I-26 in central SC about 120 miles from the coast. You're certainly welcome to drop it at my house if that would fit your plans.

We are 5 miles off I-75 at exit 38 in OH. It would save you some trailer miles. More than welcome. You could also bring it to Lake Cumberland this weekend but we are 1 1/2 hours from I-75.

Appreciate it guys. Still trying to figure out what we’re going to do. As much as I’d like to tow it the reduction in fuel economy and limited fuel supplies might hinder getting out of dodge. I’ll keep you all updated.

Brandon, MS might be further out of your way than you’re willing to go. I’d sure help you out, Andy. And after thinking about it, if it would help, I’d drive a couple of hours to meet you somewhere, but I understand that’s still a stretch for you. Hoping y’all will be ok.

Last edited:
Marion, Alabama 36756. This is in West central Alabama or have a place on lay lake in Wilsonville, AL. These are both a good ways out of the way, but your welcome to either. Hope you get out safely.

Thanks for the offers guys. With the recent changes in the forecast we’re going to hunker down and pray it stays off shore and moves north. I’m always amazed at the generosity and helpful nature of folks on this site.

Hopefully it turns earlier than they are even saying now and the impact is very minimal. Keeping everyone that is impacted in my prayers.

If you do leave and are anywhere near Lake Norman I've got a place for you to park your boat/trailer.....

Thanks for the offer. We ended up leaving for a couple nights and just went to the gulf side without the boat to ride it out. We just got back home a couple hours ago once Dorian started the long awaited turn north. We’re right on the edge now so just some wind but not bad. I did a walk around the boat and it looked good but haven’t checked the interior yet. It should be ok though.

Thanks again for the offers. We’re very fortunate it didn’t make landfall like our neighbors in the Bahamas. C044B9C1-33EB-4D1C-89A6-4DF45F19D326.png

Whew, glad it missed you for the most part! Now you'll have a better understanding of what to do should the occasion arise in the future.

Yeah it was a good for this Michigan boy to experience. Definitely some lessons learned on house prep and general storm prep that will speed things up in the future. I was also impressed that I could jamb our car, dune buggy, golf cart and riding mower in a two car garage. My wife always said I should have been a packaging engineer!

Last edited:
So glad to hear you escaped any real problems or damage. The video and pictures out of the Bahamas is very sad to see. I cannot even imagine. I can only imagine the pins and needles you were on up until now.

Having evacuated several times (in Houston - for Hurricanes Rita and Ike) I can tell you its a very strange experience to board up your house and drive away, thinking it might not be there when you get back.

I've stayed through several others and its no picnic. Even without damage, most services are down for days or weeks. You really get to know your neighbors, tho'!

Yeah it was a good for this Michigan boy to experience. Definitely some lessons learned on house prep and general storm prep that will speed things up in the future. I was also impressed that I could jamb our car, dune buggy, golf cart and riding mower in a two car garage. My wife always said I should have been a packaging engineer!

I thought of you when I saw this ... :oops:

1567675554231.jpeg

Back