Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

Thanks guys. I'm making progress. We are using Azek decking and she doesn't want butt joints so I get the fun of designing and building so it will look perfect in the end. The end result will be beautiful though.
Good choice, Azek is excellent product !!! Post more pics !!!!

My goal is to have all the decking down on the main area this weekend. I'll post some pics Semper. Raining cats and dogs right now.

At least it is not snow ,which they are predicting for Friday / Saturday in Petoskey .

I think we are going to go from 40/50s to 80's real quick. At least that is what I keep telling myself!

Its Brown but thanks to the rain I can actually see part of my lawn .

I can see my roof too .

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday ,4/19/13 .Snowing in Petoskey Michigan .Enough already .

Friday ,4/19/13 .Snowing in Petoskey Michigan .Enough already .
Man! How do you guys deal with that? The first thing I sold when we were moving was the snowblower. :rolleyes:

Man! How do you guys deal with that? The first thing I sold when we were moving was the snowblower. :rolleyes:
Talking to people that have lived here all of their lives have said they have never seen winter last this long .

It snowed ( and stuck ) in October ,and I will bet there is still snow on the ground in May .

As far as selling the snow blower ,when I do move I will be more than happy to throw in the snow blower and the tractor .

One thing that is nice up here is that I tap my trees and make maple syrup ,that season ended for us about two weeks ago .

Usually something to keep busy from late February to early April when baseball starts .

When I move, I plan on throwing in the snowblower as in "throwing into the garbage truck" and hope I never see one again in my life.

I told my wife, I wish "B" had a marketing or sales job down south (Myrtle Beach or further) as I'd prolly go in a heartbeat if she could get a job xfer ..... :D

You will see the occasional snow shovel in Lowes or HD. I brought one down just for a keepsake. Other than that it's mowers and tillers.

I'm keeping my eyes open for employment in FL close enough to the Harris Chain of lakes. 55,000 acres of lakes and canal's...and no snow! The wife is pushing for the move but we'll see.

And hopefully, no aligators. No thanks.

While you are there ,look into an " Air Boat " for a second toy

I already told the wife that if we make it down there is am going to be getting a side arm. I have looked at air boats but they get pricey quick!

I already told the wife that if we make it down there is am going to be getting a side arm. I have looked at air boats but they get pricey quick!
Getting ?????? I'll have to sell off some of mine ..... then again, the cost of weapons now, maybe I could sell them off and pay off my Benni ..... ;)

She did agree, that if we can move, she'd be willing to "downsize" to a mobile home as long as we have our toon ...... Gotta love a woman like that !!! :wub:

You'd be surprised at some of the "doublewides". They're pretty nice. And, if you moved, you could get "more power Smitty". :D

Whatcha got for hardware Dave? I've only got a G19 and a Berretta Nano. It's tough when your wife is afraid of guns. The funny thing is her son has now filled the new larger safe he bought and he takes our granddaughter to the range and is she good.

I know for a fact that the price has doubled on some .

I was pricing a S&W Governor ,it has gone from $399 to $799

I would probably look ridiculous walking around with my 12 gauge shotgun, especially carrying it on the benny. Since we have some gun guys here. Check out the Blake Shelton cover of Grand daddy's gun. I love that song as I have my granddads 12 gauge and he has since passed. My dune buggy was also his, I seem to have inherited all of his cool stuff!

I have a couple of my Grandfathers .

Almost forgot ,Petoskey weather ,in the 20's .snow and high winds .Feels like the end of November .

Back