Win Win

Pat and Renee

Reaction score
Its story time
I was a happy 202124lxsb owner with 300HP on back. Put 60hours on boat last summer.
This is the black boat in pictures. Decided we would like the duel gate swingback model so I posted our boat on boat trader and sold it very quickly to a couple in FLA and they hired me to bring the boat to them. The picture of the boat being driven away from dock in FlA.

Order the same boat loaded up with a red accent, upgraded to Roswell stereo and left off the blackout package. (the short time we had boat it was getting scratch a lot)
Had a custom trailer built for the boat and a golf cart pad. This trailer and boat purchased in Ohio and hired a driver to bring to Anna Maria Island FLA where we spend the winter. The toons are being bottom painted over the next week and when we get back from the Holiday in Ohio I will start the break in process.

Win Win since a couple got a great boat and we got a redo with the duel gates and hoping we like that better.

Merry X-mass

Attachments

• 01 Old Boat 1.JPG
    01 Old Boat 1.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 1 Old Boat.JPG
    1 Old Boat.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 2 New Owner.JPG
    2 New Owner.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 03 New Trailer.JPG
    03 New Trailer.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 04 Golf Cart.JPG
    04 Golf Cart.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 05 Loaded In Ohio.JPG
    05 Loaded In Ohio.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 06 Ready for FLA.jpg
    06 Ready for FLA.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 07 Water T.JPG
    07 Water T.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 08 Unloaded.JPG
    08 Unloaded.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 09.JPG
    09.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 83
That's the way it's supposed to work, right? Nice.

Very nice, to say the least! Looking at the last picture, the stern seems to be very low in the water. Why would that be? I only launch and retrieve once a year, so perhaps I just never noticed that happening with mine.

Think the boat was still on trailer in that pic, dealer was only starting the engine prior to getting it ready for road trip to FLA

Sweet!!!!

Its story time
I was a happy 202124lxsb owner with 300HP on back. Put 60hours on boat last summer.
This is the black boat in pictures. Decided we would like the duel gate swingback model so I posted our boat on boat trader and sold it very quickly to a couple in FLA and they hired me to bring the boat to them. The picture of the boat being driven away from dock in FlA.

Order the same boat loaded up with a red accent, upgraded to Roswell stereo and left off the blackout package. (the short time we had boat it was getting scratch a lot)
Had a custom trailer built for the boat and a golf cart pad. This trailer and boat purchased in Ohio and hired a driver to bring to Anna Maria Island FLA where we spend the winter. The toons are being bottom painted over the next week and when we get back from the Holiday in Ohio I will start the break in process.

Win Win since a couple got a great boat and we got a redo with the duel gates and hoping we like that better.

Merry X-mass
If I had to guess that looks like Indian lake in Ohio!?

We are at Lake Erie and Alum Creek but have been out on Indian a handful of times.

That‘s a sweet package. I’m sure you will enjoy it. We’ve been to AMI a few times over the years. Great place. Merry Christmas to you.

I love the boat but that custom trailer is sweet! Wouldn’t fit my EZGO Express L6 though!

Nice! Question for you since we will be moving south soon, is that shrink wrap on the boat or a cover that you were able to trailer it with? I'm assuming you trailered it covered? Very interested to know. When I sold the Crownline and it made the 1000 + mile trip to it new home it went with the original 12 year old shipping cover. They don't make them like that any more. Wondering from others also if the boats can bet trailered short distances (<100 miles) with the mooring cover that comes with the boat? Thanks all.

That was shrink wrap and feel good about the long haul having it done. This is our 3rd Bennington and most year we try and have boat wrapped and if not we pull uncovered. I did order a Vortex cover that says its trailable but our use will be for quick covering at dock rather than the cover provided by Bennington.

Merry X-mass

Nice! Question for you since we will be moving south soon, is that shrink wrap on the boat or a cover that you were able to trailer it with? I'm assuming you trailered it covered? Very interested to know. When I sold the Crownline and it made the 1000 + mile trip to it new home it went with the original 12 year old shipping cover. They don't make them like that any more. Wondering from others also if the boats can bet trailered short distances (<100 miles) with the mooring cover that comes with the boat? Thanks all.
Mooring cover that comes with the boat is NOT trailorable. I will ruin it in short order. Typically trailered uncovered short distance, but be sure to secure some things (certain pop up items/cushions/etc). You can get an after market trailering cover from what I hear. I don’t trailer, so I don’t pay too much attention to these sorts of details, but I do know this one.

Thanks for sharing! I’m in the market for a SB layout and can I ask why you went with the dual gate option on the 2nd boat? We are leaning toward that option. Any drawbacks with it so far?

The only concern with our first swingback with keeper rail was climbing in and out with only one on/off point.
The two gates will make that easier for sure and hoping provide more floor space for beach bags ect...
We only had that boat for few months so not expert of the swingback.
The new boat we two gates we are having toon painted for the salt water and will take her out in a few days.
I can see the trade off will be losing space for kids to jump off back of boat and getting around for ski ropes and overall getting around on the very rear of boat around engine.
Since that is not that often we decided to try the dual gates.
Will be looking into some custom work to have the rail go over the top of motor rather than in and around which eats up space.
Keep you posted

I think Pat and Renee refer to an important consideration: your intended use of the rear of the boat. We have the rail keeper, and for us, much prefer it to the dual gate. For us, the dual gate is certainly not a set up we would want.

We like the open flooring in the aft deck for hauling larger tubes, unobstructed jumping and diving off the back of the boat, the looks and aesthetics of the more open aft deck (personal taste), flexibility if we ever add a lillipad diving board (I know…been an idea for 5 years now and we haven’t done it yet due to being on a shallow lake…lol).

Also, we prefer having a railing immediately around the swingback for feeling more secure for people laying out on the SB when under way, or when acting as spotters during water sports. It’d be hard to slip off it while underway with the keeper rail. But with the dual gate rail, I could see that potentially being a concern. Having the immediacy of that keeper rail to hang onto, or brace feet against while on the swingback and underway, is huge for us. A bonus for us is it is still a rail we can hang onto when standing on the aft deck, but likewise is not in the way of diving/jumping into the water.

Now those that are starting to like the dual gates have their own very good personal reasons why that stands out as better to them. Others with the SB have good personal reasons why they prefer no rail at all.

I just wanted to share our reasons for our personal preference after 5 seasons with the SB and keeper rail.

Back