Winter Cover and Transhield instead of shrink wrap?

Do you think it would make sense to order the next size up, a foot longer cover the make room for a higher ridge pole so it covers more area? I have a 22’ with the extended rear deck & tow bar so I could have another support stand on the front deck & rear to extend my ridge pole to be more like a teepee.

i ordered up also.. it gives you more length from front to back not side to side. I also have the tow bar. if you look at my pictures, first pole is at the front gate. That was fine in my winter picture when we got 18" of snow. The rear is where i to need lengthen the support for the better slide off of the snow. It was a lot of stress/weight in that back pocket
1725903803851.png1725903859620.png

just installed my Transshield. Invested a little time and money this year (to make the underlying structure and buy the cover. But it was about he cost of one shrink wrap. Expect it will save about $1000+ in the long run.View attachment 36211View attachment 36212
what did you think of the cover? I like the ratchet straps on the bottom. Your bracing looks good and should last as long as you own the boat. I figure to get 4-5 seasons out of the cover. I also noticed you removed your canopy and its frame. What you do with that?

Last edited:
what did you think of the cover? I like the ratchet straps on the bottom. Your bracing looks good and should last as long as you own the boat. I figure to get 4-5 seasons out of the cover. I also noticed you removed your canopy and its frame. What you do with that?
To me the cover seems pretty robust, and I would expect maybe five seasons out of it. My boat is technically a 20 footer and the deck actually measures at about 19‘6“. Because there was not a 20 foot version of the cover I had to purchase the 22 foot version. Due to the extra length, the ratcheting system and straps underneath didn’t work as well for me as they probably normally do. If it wasn’t easy for me to remove my canopy and frame, I probably would’ve just covered over it. But it was pretty easy, and I have room in my garage for it.

Back