Would you be happy with this work?

cyanarella

Reaction score
Had some work done on my 2014 20 SLX.

1.) Wiring for Bimini pulled out. Needed new Bennington Connector - See pic
2.) Switch fell off dash. Needed new Bennington switch - See pic
3.) Door Hinge Adjustment - See Pic
4.) Put away Bimini full of pine needles which I am sure the decomposition resulted in holes in the Bimini - See Pic
5.) Metal Shavings in my carpet

What did the person who did the work say ?

Looks sloppy. This is why I do things myself whenever possible.

Benny Dealer or ?

I would have expected much better.

Had some work done on my 2014 20 SLX.

1.) Wiring for Bimini pulled out. Needed new Bennington Connector - See pic
2.) Switch fell off dash. Needed new Bennington switch - See pic
3.) Door Hinge Adjustment - See Pic
4.) Put away Bimini full of pine needles which I am sure the decomposition resulted in holes in the Bimini - See Pic
5.) Metal Shavings in my carpet

"Would you be happy with this work?" NO!

Yikes! Looks like my dealer could have been involved...

Be careful where this thread goes .. I am attaching paragraph from forum rules ...

“Club Bennington is a social lifestyle forum designed specifically for Bennington owners and potential owners to discuss and enjoy boating. Please refrain from posting disparaging comments or personally negative references regarding dealers, specific dealership employees or service-related issues. Service-related matters should be directed to your Bennington dealer. ”

Understood. No dealer bashing here!

Be careful where this thread goes .. I am attaching paragraph from forum rules ...

“Club Bennington is a social lifestyle forum designed specifically for Bennington owners and potential owners to discuss and enjoy boating. Please refrain from posting disparaging comments or personally negative references regarding dealers, specific dealership employees or service-related issues. Service-related matters should be directed to your Bennington dealer. ”

The changing room door was like that on my first Benny. I was so excited about my new boat, I overlooked a few things. If it was a small issue, I figured it would be faster and easier for me to take care of that than to risk it sitting at the dealership very long. I hope you get satisfaction for your own peace, though.

Last edited:
Back