Wrapper off Prep Begins

Chris Z

Reaction score
Had a nice visit with the new boat today to finish up the deal (pay) and have a look and my very own 2275 GCW. The dealer took the shipping cover off and has unwrapped all the pieces so I could have my first look. Didn't get a look at the motor, was still in the box behind the boat.

Everything looked great in the poor lighting of the work shed. They anticipate having the boat 90% ready by the weekend, can't do the last of their work until the water gets a bit less stiff on the lake. Still a couple of feet of ice out there.

In my quick inspection I found one of the wave-shield plates not properly installed (basically a bit crooked) and while it normally wouldn't have caused me troubles it was right under the port side swim deck extension so it was protruding from the underside of the swim deck by a quarter of an inch or so. No big deal, just an adjustment.

Fit and finish looked fine and the upholstery was top notch.

Anything disappointing? Just the placement of the very cheesy plastic horn. It's up under the starboard side deck edge at the bow. I noticed it because it hangs quite a bit below the line of the deck edge. I'll grab a picture of it before I remove and relocate it. Where it is right now will allow it to drown easily with the first few big bow waves. The dealer was surprised it was under there. I guess the horn used to be hung on the starboard side of the playpen near the helm?

That's it for now, a few pics are up. I'm really liking the Co-Captains Lounge and the Walnut Matte finish I selected for the wood trim.

CZ

Looks Great Chris!  The co-captains lounge looks fantastic

Very nice! Congrats!

Nice looking toon.

Congrats

Congrats !!!! Bet you can't wait !!!

Very happy about the beginning of the season. After the dealer is finished with their work and we can start the break in process of the motor I'll be even happier.

Still,a couple of weeks out but at this point on the sunny days I can at least open it up and sit in the helm seat, make outboard motor noises and play with all the switches. ;-)

Very happy about the beginning of the season

Still,a couple of weeks out but at this point on the sunny days I can at least open it up and sit in the helm seat, make outboard motor noises and play with all the switches. ;-)
Yep I bet we all do this at some point.  B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

That's a really nice layout! It's going to be a GREAT Summer!

Chris,

That's a really nice layout! It's going to be a GREAT Summer!
Thanks! I'm hoping that it will work out well for relaxed cruising and a bit of running around in the slop. I'm really pleased with the Co-Captains Lounge. I sat there for a while last night and it was quite comfy with my feet up.

Looking forward to a bit more warmth, let's get this season on gear.

Congrats Chris 

Great pics

I upgraded to the Helm Chair as well

Never sat in one

But I am sure I will love it 

Wishing you and the family an amazing memory making summer

SS852671.JPG

Pic of my first mate 

The helm chair was up for a lot of discussion when I was building the boat. Luckily at the boat show I had access to all three options, made the selection process much easier. My biggest concern was that the wide helm seat wouldn't rotate easily in the helm space without striking and being blocked by other helm components.

On the R's and Q's the layout of the Next Generation helm won't allow the wider helm chair to rotate without it striking the dash extension where the shift/throttle is mounted. Luckily, on the G it's not a problem.

Anyway, makes for a very comfy lounging chair when paired with the ottoman. And it IS all about comfort on this trip through the boat purchase process.

CZ

Hey CZ,

Great looking boat!!

We will get ours on Tuesday and can't wait. We chose the maple matte finish for something different and we think it looks great!!

Good luck and have fun,

Marc

Thanks Marc, same to you with yours.

Yeah, I thought the matte finish was a plus. I won't get a crack at my boat for a couple of weeks, ice is still on the lake and the rest of the prep can be done then.

CZ

I had a nice visit to the dealership today. Ice is off the lake and they will get my boat in early next week for the first hour of break-in and to select the best prop. I'm guessing I'll get my sea trial at the end of next week and we'll pick a date for delivery to camp.

Some pics from my visit...

Very Nice !!!!

Nice Chris

Back