Xmas gifts

Rolson21

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I received my new Bennington last April. Now that it is the holidays, people are asking what I want for gifts. Any good gift ideas <$100 that I can give others to buy me for the boat?

Well my suggestion is a bit more than $100 but you have to have a nice rearview mirror for watersports and just over all safety to be aware of your surroundings! Check out the pontoon boat mirrors on https://www.ptemwatersports.com. They are well made and durable! Had our 1st one for 12 yrs. and this season received an upgraded panoramic model......

Dangerous question around this forum. As you know, we love spending other peoples money! :p

Bennington store has some neat things.

Outside the ordinary but love it: Zip Dock Mooring Line ($50 for a pair). Link at bottom.

I have found we REALLY like the Zip Dock mooring line for easy docking. It is a very quick and easy way to tie off at the dock.

Not something I would typically use for overnight docking as we have Sea Legs to lift it up, and back up normal mooring lines for that.

However, Zip Dock makes it is EASY to tie off when pulling up to the dock. Much easier for my wife to use (an immeasurable bonus). It is great for just quickly getting the boat tied off and secured. In somewhat calmer weather, it is very capable. Never left it on them in stormy or rough weather as we put it up on Sea Legs.

However, when just dockside for use, we just leave it on these during the day.

Zip Dock Mooring Line

A bottle of your favorite whiskey.
Can never have too many of those. Good idea to stash a few on board.

A good lithium car jump starter is good to keep on board in case you run your own battery down at the sandbar or come across someone on the water that needs a jump. They're very small, virtually idiot proof, hold their charge for about a year, and incredibly powerful. I have both the NOKO Genius Boost Plus 1000 Amp model and an Audew 1500 Amp version. Each was under $100. If I were buying again, I would go for a 1500 Amp (or higher) device.

A good lithium car jump starter is good to keep on board in case you run your own battery down at the sandbar or come across someone on the water that needs a jump. They're very small, virtually idiot proof, hold their charge for about a year, and incredibly powerful. I have both the NOKO Genius Boost Plus 1000 Amp model and an Audew 1500 Amp version. Each was under $100. If I were buying again, I would go for a 1500 Amp (or higher) device.
Thx Sunedog for letting me bitch about my Fatmax 1000 jumpstarter/inflator. I'm on my 3rd one from Sam's Club because they have been dying before the 1 year warranty is up and they just give me another one. I jumped a few vehicles over the years but I've been maintaining the tires on 3 vehicles and just recently the boat trailer tires. I just had to top off all 4 tires to 50psi. They were all 44-45 and the fully charged Fatmax died after 2 tires. Charged it up and it died after inflating the other 2 tires. I checked the receipt and it'll be a year on November 30th. Right on cue! I should ask for a refund and buy something else. Or are they all like that?!?

For those owners that do not have a glove box, the yeti sidekick is a great accessory for personal items and you can attach it to the side rail. 50.00 when you can find it. Dick’s sporting goods has them now. Just use a couple of railing style fender hangers.

AuthorizedUser also posting a pic of his using the Taylor made clips

Attachments

• E3789A09-1A16-42A4-92DE-20196F351445.jpeg
    E3789A09-1A16-42A4-92DE-20196F351445.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 34
  • EE2FB619-5F29-4452-BA2E-547501C1DF76.jpeg
    EE2FB619-5F29-4452-BA2E-547501C1DF76.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
For those owners that do not have a glove box, the yeti sidekick is a great accessory for personal items and you can attach it to the side rail. 50.00 when you can find it. Dick’s sporting goods has them now. Just use a couple of railing style fender hangers.

AuthorizedUser also posting a pic of his using the Taylor made clips
Hey…stealing my ideas…lol.

Seriously though, this is a great idea. Did it a few years ago and posted it in here. It’s a great solution.

P.S. I stole the idea from someone in a FB Bennington Group back in 2019, and posted it in 2020 link below:

Yeti Side Kick for Helm Storage

Last edited:
Yes
Your posting prompted me to show an interest in wanting one and my daughter bought it for me as a Fathers Day gift.

Thx Sunedog for letting me bitch about my Fatmax 1000 jumpstarter/inflator. Or are they all like that?!?
Lithium or wet cell?
If wet cell I think thats typical. I had 3 go to crap. My lithium, still holding charge and jumping stuff.

Lithium or wet cell?
If wet cell I think thats typical. I had 3 go to crap. My lithium, still holding charge and jumping stuff.
Wet cell. Will have to get lithium next time. Suggestions?!?

Do you have fenders?
They scone in really handy at other docks and for rafting to other boats.
I also keep a 2nd anchor on board for those times when I tie up at a beach.
Do you have a good 2 way radio with channel 16 and weather?
And lastly, are your flares up to date?

Wet cell. Will have to get lithium next time. Suggestions?!?
Not really. I start with 4+ star reviews on Amazon, capacity, then price. Mine was Anker brand but there’s so many names now. Anker makes a lot of electric stuff. I just looked, got it Nov 24, 2015.

Back