Yamaha flush

rgtopda

Reaction score
So I am one year into ownership of the Yamaha 150. Not sure if everyone has the same issue as me getting the flush out from the motor once you put your boat in the lift...I figured there had to be a easier way than having to sit on the back and tilt motor forward...This is what I came up with..Since I have done this two others in the neighborhood have done the same thing...do the clean out from the dock...D45C3B70-284C-4475-8E44-85594A151A19.jpeg7F9395BC-D2B0-406E-BEC7-B59DC1A9479F.jpeg

Do you leave that connected while underway? I have water at my dock so I just hook up the hose connector and have never had a problem I don’t have the extended deck either.

I just place it down in th the hole whi.e underway as soon as i get back i lay it out like you see. After cleaning boat i get of walk to finger pier and flush no more trying to unscrew the flush out...I had to physically sit down and tilt motor no more

So I am one year into ownership of the Yamaha 150. Not sure if everyone has the same issue as me getting the flush out from the motor once you put your boat in the lift...I figured there had to be a easier way than having to sit on the back and tilt motor forward...This is what I came up with..Since I have done this two others in the neighborhood have done the same thing...do the clean out from the dock...View attachment 26651View attachment 26652
Sorry but I don't understand ! Is this a salt water thing?

When I put my boat in the lift not a trailer, the flush out hose is set so far back you have to lay on the back of the boat or crawl down into the back toon to get to the flush out hose. It’s only on The Yamaha. And yes we have to flush out everytime we go out salt water is our enemy..

When I put my boat in the lift not a trailer, the flush out hose is set so far back you have to lay on the back of the boat or crawl down into the back toon to get to the flush out hose. It’s only on The Yamaha. And yes we have to flush out everytime we go out salt water is our enemy..
Got it Salt Water!

Finished my modification today. Now I can cover the boat, raise the lift to get motor completely out of the water to flush, and not have to lower the boat again to climb aboard to disconnect from the motor.
Hose is held with large plastic coax cable fasteners.
4C6ABEB8-CAC1-4E1C-B1EB-04FDA5F78FD8.jpegEB57BA69-6EB1-407F-88AA-C49C19A1E389.jpeg343B96F2-A88E-4970-8BA4-3783CE172120.jpeg

I don’t see anything connected to the flush port. What did you connect it to?

Back