Your 2019 College Football Thread

I'd love to see it, but I've never heard any rumors about it happening.
Fargodome seats less than 20,000 and I doubt that pencils out for FBS ball? And if they had a 60,000 seat dome, could we fill it regularly? I doubt it. We simply don't have the population. I suppose they could put slot machines in the concourse and give free tickets to the Indians!

I'd love to see it, but I've never heard any rumors about it happening.
Fargodome seats less than 20,000 and I doubt that pencils out for FBS ball? And if they had a 60,000 seat dome, could we fill it regularly? I doubt it. We simply don't have the population. I suppose they could put slot machines in the concourse and give free tickets to the Indians!
Yeah, there’s no way NDSU can make the transition with the current facilities and enrollment. It would take a massive influx of students and cash.

Here's what I got out of yesterday's semi finals games...
The refs were most certainly on the LSU payroll
and in game 2 the announcers were in love with Clemson. When Ohio State scored a touchdown it was no big deal, but when Clemson got a 1st down the announcers squeeled like little girls at a Taylor Swift concert.
Pretty sure one of them has a Trevor Lawrence poster hanging in his bedroom.
I hope LSU destroys Clemson as bad as they did to Oklahoma.

Now, regarding the playoffs... I think we can agree that the top 3 teams were represented in the playoffs.
But I'm still a proponent of an expanded field. I would prefer a 12 team bracket, but to be realistic an 8 team bracket would probably be better.

Now here's a twist. A bowl game between the highest ranked FBS team that did not make the playoffs and the highest seeded FCS team that did not make the Championship game.
Now I realize this will NEVER happen, but I would love the recognition this would bring to FCS.

Now, regarding the playoffs... I think we can agree that the top 3 teams were represented in the playoffs.
But I'm still a proponent of an expanded field. I would prefer a 12 team bracket, but to be realistic an 8 team bracket would probably be better.

Now here's a twist. A bowl game between the highest ranked FBS team that did not make the playoffs and the highest seeded FCS team that did not make the Championship game.
Now I realize this will NEVER happen, but I would love the recognition this would bring to FCS.
You're right that would never happen. But it would be cool to see how the FCS team would do. I would love to see an expanded playoff and get rid of some of the bowl games.

You're right that would never happen. But it would be cool to see how the FCS team would do.
I think for it to be a good game, a 3rd place FCS team would need to play a 30th place FBS team.
a few years ago I remember seeing a poll that had FCS teams included. I believe the Bison were 30th or so? I think this was after they had beaten a top 10 Hawkeye team.

Copy & Paste from Wiki

After defeating 13th-ranked (FBS) Iowa in 2016, the Bison earned 74 votes and a #27 ranking in the entire D-I field, overtaking their previous record to become the highest-ranked FCS team of all time.

2016 brought about one the high points in Bison football history when, in week three, NDSU defeated #13 ranked Iowa on the road. Despite the impressive win, 2016 would be the worst season for the team since 2010. Not only would the team have the fewest wins since 2010 (12), they also lost the Dakota Marker for the first time since 2009. Ultimately the season would bring about the end of the Bison's historic title run with a semifinal loss against the eventual champion James Madison Dukes.

A long boring read for most of you, but regarding the path to FBS for NDSU it is very informative.

and in game 2 the announcers were in love with Clemson. When Ohio State scored a touchdown it was no big deal, but when Clemson got a 1st down the announcers squeeled like little girls at a Taylor Swift concert.
I think it's going to be a better game than you think. Going with Clemson!

Yeah, it touched on alot of things I wouldn't have considered.

Yeah, it touched on alot of things I wouldn't have considered.
Yeah It takes alot more to move up than you think! That's all right they'll just keep kicking ass in FCS. Their record is amazing! You would think they would have an off year every now and then. I'm sure the fans are spoiled!!!

Yes you are correct, one of the ESPN announcers two sons are on the Clemson football team as walk-ons. Said announcer played quarterback for The Ohio State University under John Cooper.

This game was lost by the Buckeyes themselves (failed red zone TD's) and sealed with the worst overturned call of the year.

My loyalties now go to Joe Burrow, another Ohio boy, and his LSU Tigers.

Minnesota scares me. They Just keep improving.
At this point I would pick them to win the B1G West next season.
Agree. PJ is awesome. watched him at Western Mich and he is contagious. ”but” we’ll have to see if he can keep it up for more than just a few years. he’ll probably jump to a bigger name after a few at Minnesota, and then we’ll see if he’s as good as I think he can be.

I would rather he stayed and made MN a big name, even though it would wreak havoc on my Badgers!
Agree, I hope he sticks around the Big 10. Maybe, just maybe, he might jump to the senior division of the Big 10, and come kick some a— as coach of Michigan State! We need a change. And I’m delusional enough to think MSU is big enough name to keep him around.

This IS their off year, your Dukes gotta chance! Lol.

I see current line is JMU by 1 & 1/2 points!
Probably the first time that the Bison have been the underdogs since 2016 game against Iowa!

Back