Your 2019 College Football Thread

If OSU played in the SEC they would be the third or fourth best team in the conference! definitely would be the conference champions every year. it's hard to play in the SEC when you have to play the all the teams in the top 10 every week. I wish my team only had to play one tough game a year!

Wisconsin, Penn State, Xichigan??? There are three tough teams. Have you actually looked at Alabama's schedule for instance? Duke, New Mexico State, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Mississippi, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Miss. State, Western Carolina, Auburn. Looks like The tide may have 2 tough games.

Can't stand Alabama. They do play a weak schedule unfortunately.. Just stating the SEC is a far more dominant conference that has to play each other every year. I'd love to play # 16 Wisconsin and #14 Michigan rather than #2 Alabama, #1 LSU #6 Georgia #10 Florida and #12 Auburn.

I think the B1G has several tiers of teams, top, mid and bottom, its those mid level teams that are the most dangerous. Most don't give much credit to those teams as being good, this I think, hurts the appearance of the conference being tougher. I guess that is why they play the games, anyone is capable of knocking off anyone else. We will soon find out if Minnesota is a legit 8-0. I hope they are, good for the conference. The B1G is no longer a two team conference as it was in the 70's and 80's. Northwestern played for the conference championship last year.

Wisconsin, Penn State, Xichigan??? There are three tough teams. Have you actually looked at Alabama's schedule for instance? Duke, New Mexico State, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Mississippi, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Miss. State, Western Carolina, Auburn. Looks like The tide may have 2 tough games.
Thanks, beat me to it!

Our high school team took their first loss tonight, in the semifinal round.

Minnesota and P.J. Fleck made a believer out of me. I hadn’t been until watching them against Penn St. just now. The Gophers look for real. If all goes as one might expect, should be interesting to see them square off against Ohio St. in the Big Ten Championship in December. Obviously, and not to my enjoyment, the Buckeyes certainly are the real deal this year.

Meanwhile, the military planes just flew over our house on their way to the fly over at Spartan stadium. Time to switch stations and see if my Spartans can beat the Illini. Been a looooong season for this Spartan fan.

The Badger's last chance comes this Saturday, hoping the Hawkeyes can upset the Gophers.
Then, they still have to go to Minnesota and take back the axe. Seems like a bigger task than I thought after watching the Gophers dispose of the Sanduskys yesterday.

Wow, you-all still talking football?? Don’t know if you noticed basketball season started. I don’t have a clue how well my beloved Michigan State Spartans are doing in football, probably headed to another Big 10 campionship game, but who cares, basketball season is here!! Let’s just focus on that.

Wow, you-all still talking football?? Don’t know if you noticed basketball season started. I don’t have a clue how well my beloved Michigan State Spartans are doing in football, probably headed to another Big 10 campionship game, but who cares, basketball season is here!! Let’s just focus on that.
Or NOT!!!

Sounds like a great idea for a new thread!
I promise to keep this one alive into January, and yes I'll still be talking FOOTBALL!!!!

University of Minnesota...we should be better in PJ's 3rd year here. We have 3 outstanding RBs, a huge OL, a couple good WRs and a sophomore QB. Luckily we don't have to play the Big 3 (Michigan State, Michigan, Ohio State) this year due to scheduling so we could be in the running for the Big 10 West. The defense will have to step up and stop people for that to happen. Whatever happens, they are fun to watch, and Coach Fleck is building a quality program...and I don't just mean wins and losses.
Row the Boat!

If they beat Iowa tomorrow, they all but seal the West Title.

I'll be a few hundre miles to the west for the Badger victory over the Huskers.

If they beat Iowa tomorrow, they all but seal the West Title.

I'll be a few hundre miles to the west for the Badger victory over the Huskers.

Beautiful day in Lincoln today!
And to top it off, Hawkeye win keeps Badger hope alive!

Attachments

• 20191116_104913.jpg
    20191116_104913.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1
Beautiful day in Lincoln today!
And to top it off, Hawkeye win keeps Badger hope alive!

Let me add that I have never felt so welcomed it an opposing team's stadium!
A lot of "hope you have a great time here" from Huskers fans. Did not hear a negative comment towards "us" all day.

A lot of "hope you have a great time here" from Huskers fans. Did not hear a negative comment towards "us" all day.
That's the way it should be.....

Gotta love this time of year, each week there are fewer & fewer games that mean anything on one hand, but on the other hand the games that do have conference championship ramifications become much more exciting!
It's probably about that time to start complaining about only having a 4 team playoff.

I was telling this to one of my buddies who is a Huskers fan. He replied
"When you suck you have to be humble, just wait until we're good again....we won't be anywhere near as nice!"

It's probably about that time to start complaining about only having a 4 team playoff.

I think 12 is the right number, with the top 4 getting a 1st round bye.
At the end of the day it will usually come down to one of the top 5 teams anyway, but I think we all would prefer more teams receiving the opportunity.

I honestly feel that the biggest reason they do not expand the playoff system is because it takes away the top teams from bowl games. It's all about TV dollars.
I think that the playoff games would be a far greater draw than the handful of bowl games that would need to be eliminated, but I may be wrong because these bowl games are strategically scheduled around the holidays to capture maximum viewers where early December games may not capture the same excitement?
Everything always seems to come down to dollars.

Back