Your 2021 College Football Thread

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Harbaugh with another frequent flyer trip to Choklahoma.
Great comeback win, Spartans!

View attachment 31420
When it was 30-16, and the game was lopsided in your favor, I thought you had it. That was going to be a tough loss and exciting win either way.

DejaWiz

Reaction score
When it was 30-16, and the game was lopsided in your favor, I thought you had it. That was going to be a tough loss and exciting win either way.

I thought the same, too...up by three goals should have sealed the deal.
Spartans did a fantastic job protecting the home turf.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Wow! What a comeback! Great win for MSU!!! Maryland is almost bowl eligible! Ha! Big Badger win! JMU won. NDSU up 30-0. Good day of football!!!

mtudb24

Reaction score
Harbaugh again is MSU's MVP (besides that kid who rushed for 5TD's). With a minute and change left, who in their right mind goes for it all on a 3rd and 3? Get the damn first down (stops the clock) and keep the game going. Leaving it up to 1 shot on 4th down is just stupid. I will say Sparty got away with a no call on that last play. Yes, it was a "rub route", but you can't impede the receiver like that :)
As a blue fan, I sure hope Sparty runs the table and a PSU win over OSU tonight too

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Mtudb24, I thought they left a few calls “uncalled” against both teams in that final stretch. It seemed like the ref’s were only going to call something egregious the last 2-3 series. I really thought we played through some very questionable calls earlier in the game, and ”attempted” calls cleared up in replay.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Mtudb24, I thought they left a few calls “uncalled” against both teams in that final stretch. It seemed like the ref’s were only going to call something egregious the last 2-3 series. I really thought we played through some very questionable calls earlier in the game, and ”attempted” calls cleared up in replay.
I actually liked how the refs let them play!!!

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
I actually liked how the refs let them play!!!
For sure!!!

When it’s clear and obvious, you gotta call it. When it’s borderline, I am good letting it go if its done equally for both teams: both football and basketball.

I liked the final stretch with letting the guys play. I thought it was pretty consistent. I saw 1-2 plays for each team they let go. However, easy to say when on the winning side of that equation.

I live for this game each year, and am just thankful to come out with the win. Michigan played a hell of a game. I really thought they were going to get the win. That’s the beauty of rivalry games.

I remember Braylon Edwards torching us in a comeback U of M win back in the day. That one hurt. Just glad to get the win today. It was also fantastic to have showed our exchange student a pretty cool afternoon of college football on campus.

It was also great seeing some great sportsmanship between Michigan fans and ourselves. That was particularly nice earlier today. I took some pictures for a few Michigan families, and they reciprocated with getting some pictures of all of us.

Last edited:

Lay Lake

Reaction score
I love it when good sportsmanship is shown whether you win or lose.

Bill N

Reaction score
I noticed that my Badgers aren't in the top 25...... after wins over ranked teams two weeks in a row.
That's alright. They seem to play better when they're not ranked!

DejaWiz

Reaction score
I noticed that my Badgers aren't in the top 25...... after wins over ranked teams two weeks in a row.
That's alright. They seem to play better when they're not ranked!

They are currently ranked #22 in the latest ESPN FPI:

528095_Week_10_ESPN_FPI_T25.png

Bill N

Reaction score
They are currently ranked #22 in the latest ESPN FPI:

View attachment 31429
That's interesting.
They are not in the AP or Coaches top 25

Some goofy numbers in your ESPN rankings...
Mich St falling a spot to 15?
Mich still at 5?

DejaWiz

Reaction score
Mich still at 5?

This is the ESPN Football Power Index (FPI), which is based on a lot of metrics and data:

BigKahuna

Reaction score
That's interesting.
They are not in the AP or Coaches top 25

Mich still at 5?
Hey Bill your Vikings had a golden opportunity to beat those Cowboys (with an untested back up quarterback) last night.