YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
I thought the rails, etc were anodized. When i cleaned my toons the cleaner accidentally removed the anodization, or it removed/stained my rails. Looking for a method to make my rails look like new again :)

thanks,,

Alex...
Oops, my bad. You are correct. I have seen a "kit". I'll see if I can track that down........

What about starboard side up front "outside" the fence. Or if you don't use the port side at dock, mount on that side.

Just a thought, or get horizontal holders and mount beside captains seat on starboard panel.

Thinking out side the fence!!! I like it. But I think you might have hit the nail on the head with the port gate location. We board on the back, and can't image using it and I have never opened it yet. Maybe I can get it attached on the interior but against the gate...Next time I have the cover off I'll check it out.

You could always do this too. I have 2 now, and gonna add 2 more.

c2f803a8e2565e5e3110c1c9b617c007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look good and got me thinking. What about some that I can attach to the ski tow bar... I saw some for 7/8-1" but will have to measure the diameter to see if they would work, 1" is pretty small. Please Derrick don't see that!

Semper...really glad you posted a pic showing your 20 horse. It's great on a 20 horse lake but I just needed to see it. Thanks, Steve p.s. this is definitely not a dig!

It is amazing that little motor moves that 2500 lb plus toon 12mph (13 on a calm day with a 30 mph tailwind ;) )!

You guys complaining about hitting 35 and you thought you should get 38, try living my toon life .... Lol !!!!

There's a guy on lake with I believe a 250HP, with the 20HP mounted on a kicker bracket, now that looks funny !!!! :lol:

You don't realize how small they are till you see one next to a "real motor" ...... :blink:

Those look good and got me thinking. What about some that I can attach to the ski tow bar... I saw some for 7/8-1" but will have to measure the diameter to see if they would work, 1" is pretty small. Please Derrick don't see that!
Funny, I thought the same thing when I looked up your model and saw the ski bar design. They have adjustable angle so you could mount like 10 of them !!! ;)

Like this buy them here ..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spider-Rig-8-Pontoon-Boat-Square-Rail-Mount-Rod-Holders-/160784726182?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item256f8438a6&vxp=mtr#ht_3183wt_1091

%24(KGrHqF,!h0E2I8LNZzYBNqJjpd,hQ~~_35.JPG

A seat material that you do not have to worry about; sun tan lotions, bug spray, or what kind of wax you use. My boat is going to look like my Great-Grandmothers furniture with all the clear plastic covers. But I imagine that too will cause a greenhouse effect under the cover and turn my pontoon into giant mosquito attraction. LOL

Bought my first Bennington (22 SLX) last week. Must be a Baptist boat because it got baptized (rained on) before I got it home. First disappointment... Helm holds water, and I mean a lot of water (about a coffee cup) in 3 places.

second disappointment... Guys, this is 2013. Anybody who can afford a new Bennington has a smart phone, I-pad, etc. There is no place to set the phone nor I-pad. My I phone has a GPS, Music, etc,etc and it just makes sense to use it in the operation of the boat. You need to get to the drawing board and redesign the helm so an Ipad can be attached front and easily visable.

Not a big issue, but it would be nice if you provided a way to secure the access doors in the open position.

Other than that, I love the boat.

Pop Pop

I will tell you YOU WILL NOT WANT YOUR IPHONE/IPAD/I WHATEVER laying on the helm anyhow. Mine gets VERY HOT !!!!!

I keep it under my cigar pack, and it still gets warm.

If you do want it up there, get some of that dash pad sticky for phones, and cut it to fit the 2 recesses on top and also drill a couple small drain holes and run tubing from them down to the hole in deck to drain. Also, I think an ipad mounts not feasible, it's too big, now an ipad mini .... Yeah, that would be cool. I think a mini would fit to the right of the steering wheel. Just get a universal mini car mount and mount that to helm.....

Access doors can be held with the little stops they use on others, but I was told they are toe stub bears, so that may be why all doors don't have them. I'm thinking I may put a strap with snaps on my bow door with a snap on my kick panel under seat edge, so I can hold it open.

Here you go, mount it wherever you like.

http://padholdr.com/universal-ipad-holder-mount-kit/

They have cupholder mounts, floor mounts that could be used to mount where some people have mounted their fish finders, mount it anywhere you like. I have no use for an ipad mount in my dash so I would find it useless if they did design my helm to incorporate one. The only way my smartphone gives me an accurate reading on depth is if I drop it in the water and have to dive down for it!! Haha I'll stick with the fishfinder/gps combo. I do wish they had a little storage "cubby" or something down beside the the helm seat to throw a wallet and phone to keep them out of the sun. With the new bluetooth deck I should be able to just tuck it away.

I bought one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Vehicle-Windshield-Suction-cup-mount-Rotating-Holder-for-Apple-iPad-Mini-/400364850022?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item5d379acb66

And mounted it to my windshield. I use my ipad mini for streaming Pandora and Spotify, as well as using the app "MotionX GPS HD". Which is great because it has the NOAA marine maps, has the ability to store maps on your ipad for offline use and many other search tools and features. (No I don't work for them)

I put a screenshot of the app and map in my gallery.

Pop, Zodapop had radio interference when he kept his I-phone on the helm by his radio. Even just laying there he had noise. Steve

I bought one of these: http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d379acb66

And mounted it to my windshield. I use my ipad mini for streaming Pandora and Spotify, as well as using the app "MotionX GPS HD". Which is great because it has the NOAA marine maps, has the ability to store maps on your ipad for offline use and many other search tools and features. (No I don't work for them)

I put a screenshot of the app and map in my gallery.
Sweet, just bought one !!!

Just bought my first Bennington - a 2275 Super Fishing Cruise. Love the quality verses other pontoons on the market. Would have loved to been able to have the pullout (lift out) on the long seat to make it wide and bedlike. My wife loves to lounge and sleep on it when I am out catfishing at night.

We had this option on our last pontoon and I think this would be a great option. Just thought I would put that suggestion in the hat....

Just bought my first Bennington - a 2275 Super Fishing Cruise. Love the quality verses other pontoons on the market. Would have loved to been able to have the pullout (lift out) on the long seat to make it wide and bedlike. My wife loves to lounge and sleep on it when I am out catfishing at night.

We had this option on our last pontoon and I think this would be a great option. Just thought I would put that suggestion in the hat....
Yeah, I'd like this too .... but looking for an air mattress that might "just fit" in the space between front loungers for now

Uhh, it's an air mattress, wouldn't it just get to the seat bases and start filling in? I know one other company does make one for their boat, when we first started looking and didn't know the difference between a Bennington and a Misty Harbour (whew am I glad I figured it out though!!) we saw that option.

Yeah, but I want it to fit pretty close, not just blow it up till it jams against the seats,

I mean it is a Bennington, not a Sun Tracker ..... Lol !!

Yeah, we have a MH on our lake, looks nice from 50', get up close and panels are sweet, but rest looks cheap. They do have bling going on, but hen again you can paint a turd gold, but its still a turd ......

Back