YOUR pontoon ideas!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
Center elevated Console!!!!!!  Center consoles design boats have to be the best selling boat style in the country.... make one and I will buy it!  I am your target audience, boat on ocean in Newport RI and have a Q25 w/sport tower and F300.... a center console done right would be a great option....

Center elevated Console!!!!!!  Center consoles design boats have to be the best selling boat style in the country.... make one and I will buy it!  I am your target audience, boat on ocean in Newport RI and have a Q25 w/sport tower and F300.... a center console done right would be a great option....

They have some more work to do in the 10' wide market!!

Ive got a misting system on my other boat. I don't know why I never thought about the need for one on the pontoon.

Agreed. Being since the current (non-windscreen model) windshield is so easily removed, why not have an optional, taller version that can be swapped into place to actually provide some function of being, well, a windshield. B)
Very good idea!

Other boat????

My brother and I own a 28' offshore CC together. It stays with him in FL and we go out fishing a couple of times a year together. Better deal for him for sure.
has he been out on your pontoon a couple times? If so...

I am new to this and it might already exist, however I would like to see some type of alternative generator i.e. solar (panel) or hydro (turbine) to charge a battery pack for accessories.

I'm not sure about the other ssl(x) owners out there but I have almost lost my rear cup holder off the back of the boat when underway. For some reason this cup holder does not have the plastic shim piece to go between the seat cushion and back rest. I'm so nervous about losing it it now lives under the front seat. For the sake of future owners please add this piece to that cup holder.

A removable/ interchangable windshield. One like they currently have, and another for funtionality. Sort of like hard and soft tops on Jeeps.
Did someone mention Jeeps?   :D

That woke me up. There are some great idea/modifications suggested here. Since I'm new to the pontoon boat family, I'm all eyes on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
2015 was our maiden voyage with our '03 2575RL.  LOVED every minute of every lake we hit.  been thinking of a hinged seat/step on the bow that could fold up under the deck when not in use.  Concept based on our under the kitchen cabinet shelf that folds down.  would use it to hang out-sit on since the bow is underutilized now.  Also, our bloodhounds would have an easier way of getting back in the boat from the lake.  Of course after hitting the boat show in KC and seeing the Cobalts, i see they have a built-in swim step in their swim platform on the stern.

Anybody seen an aftermarket version?

They make underdeck ladders.

One item I have been wanting on my previous boat, and also my brand new Bennington is a place to put my cell phone / music player so it can be charging, but also be out of the sun.  Most boating occurs during times with lots of sun, and cell phones and music players do not do well with direct sunlight.  If I want to have my phone/music player plugged in and charging, then it needs to be on or near the dash somewhere.  However, if I do that, it is getting melted by the sun.

I saw on another boat (Aqua Patio, maybe?) a dash that had a little flip-up door on the dash, right in front of the steering wheel (or where ever).  It may have even had a 12v charger in their, or USB.  This way, the phone can be protected from the direct rays of sun, plugged in, and out of the way all at the same time. 

It would seem to be a fairly benign design thing that could be incorporated pretty easily.

Just a thought from a new Bennington owner.

I unplugged the phone/IPOD cable from the dash and plugged it in under the helm.  Keeps my IPOD hidden and out of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an upsidedown soft-type can koozie.  Thread the power cord through the bottom of the koozie.  Slide the phone in the koozie and place upside down in a cup holder.

Agree, something more permanent/functional would be nice.

I use an upsidedown soft-type can koozie.  Thread the power cord through the bottom of the koozie.  Slide the phone in the koozie and place upside down in a cup holder.

Agree, something more permanent/functional would be nice.
Great idea though! The insulating properties of the koozie will help. Problem is that the helm itself gets pretty hot, especially here in FL. But your method goes quite a way to help and still keeps the phone accessible.

Bennington offers so many options (some would say too many), more than I believe any other pontoon builder, is it possible to offer a galley on a windshield boat?  Not sure where to put it.  

Anyone know how to close off below the windshield on a windshield boat?  I saw one at my dealer, they really didn't know any details of how to close the walkway under the windshield.  We saw snaps in front, so we figured there was something, but wasn't sure what it was.  Anyone now how that works?  If its a canvas type of thing, I would think something much quicker and self storing that couldn't possibly blow away and that you wouldn't have to store, like doors that slide in back out the front couches under the windshield to prevent buffeting.

The cladded arch while slick looking, has no LEDs.  Should design it something like the sport arch on a Harris Crowne (see below), love the bimini coverage on that as well.  

7822762_orig.jpg

4427484_orig.jpg

Back