YOUR THOUGHTS

Reaction score
Hope i posted this in right spot o_O
Yes another pontooning newbie. We are looking for owners/members thoughts the S168 Cruise or similar small pontoon boats. We have looked at a bunch of different brands and we think that the Bennington line is the way to go

Last edited:
8-Foot-Wide-Pontoon-Boats-168SL-2016.jpg

My concern is ...
Will a 16' boat fulfill all your needs
Keep in mind friends and family will flock to enjoy it with you
What body of water will you use your pontoon on
Will you just cruise on your pontoon or will you ski or tube behind it
If you have asked yourself the above questions and have arrived at the size shown ..
Then allow me to say after my personal research and experience Bennington is the Golden Brand of Pontoons
Quality, Quality and Quality second to none
Know that you have chosen the premiere manufacturer in Pontoon Boats and look forward to making a million memories to last a lifetime :)

congratulations.jpg

Last edited:
We started on another brands 615 model which had a deck size of 6x12 with 2’ of that being used for the rear seat. We basically had 6x10 area. We enjoyed that for 3 years till we decided to go bigger. I would highly recommend going out on one if possible to:
A. Verify it’s not going to feel too confined with 4 or more people (plus all the gear associated with that) if you plan on being social on it.
B. Verify it’s stability for your preference. A smaller boat will move around a lot more than a larger boat. Some people mind that, some don’t.
There’s many other reasons, but at the end of the day, it’s your boat and if YOU enjoy it, that’s all that matters. As Pittsburgh said, you’ve chosen the premier brand, so you are headed in the right direction.

Are you on a small restricted lake?

Buy what fits YOUR needs and budget!

What motor comes with that model? Have to say that's a cute little boat. Agree with Pittsburgh and Semp .......regardless of the size and model Benningtons are well made and you can't go wrong if you decide to buy one. Good luck on your decision.

8-Foot-Wide-Pontoon-Boats-168SL-2016.jpg

My concern is ...
Will a 16' boat fulfill all your needs
Keep in mind friends and family will flock to enjoy it with you
What body of water will you use your pontoon on
Will you just cruise on your pontoon or will you ski or tube behind it
If you have asked yourself the above questions and have arrived at the size shown ..
Then allow me to say after my personal research and experience Bennington is the Golden Brand of Pontoons
Quality, Quality and Quality second to none
Know that you have chosen the premiere manufacturer in Pontoon Boats and look forward to making a million memories to last a lifetime :)

congratulations.jpg

we are on a pretty small lake... in a small 8 footer with a 5hp that we use to fish , we can go from one end of our lake to the other in about 10 minutes

Buy what fits YOUR needs and budget!

What motor comes with that model? Have to say that's a cute little boat. Agree with Pittsburgh and Semp .......regardless of the size and model Benningtons are well made and you can't go wrong if you decide to buy one. Good luck on your decision.

the one we are looking at comes with a 40 hp

Thank You !

I agree with all above saying buy what fits your needs and budget.
I just purchased the SFE16 16' fishing series, but have not been out in it yet (come on spring)...
But I can tell you after looking at many, the quality is top notch even in Benningtons smaller boats.
Congrats on the boat, I think you will love it!!!

Back