Loving the floor
SpartyKen

Loving the floor

I love it.

I ordered my entire boat with this flooring. Do you foresee any issues? My thinking is if I do have challenges, I can always throw a rug over the top. Boat gets built the next couple weeks.

The teak is very cool

Just be clear on which teak you are ordering / getting. The pic is of AQUA Teak, and is reddish and more like linoleum. FAUX Teak is thicker and more like a real teak feel, and is what is shown in the 2013 brochure in the back under flooring choices.

I ordered my boat with FAUX Teak, but the dealer put it in as AQUA and it was originally built that way. Luckily I toured the factory and saw it before it shipped, and Bennington fixed it to FAUX teak (granted I paid the upcharge). It is WELL WORTH the upcharge. Bennington is awesome for fixing it for me since it was the dealer issue, not theirs.

Either way, I think both would be much better than carpet for care. Since i like the carpet feel in the front of the boat I am having vinyl and carpet protection put on by my dealer.

I like the look too. My worry is I have done it on the entire boat, and I fear we have created a giant slip and slide. Curious on the "slipperiness" of the surface when it is wet. I've been searching for a dealer with the floor so I can take a coffe can of water, throw it in and walk on it... Still looking. ;)

A million thanks! That would be awesome!

Sorry for the delay Rockie. Did several tests, barefoot and different shoe types, none of which seemed exceptionally slippery. I will say that I am glad that I put carpet in the lounging area's though. Feels better on bare feet

Thank you for the feed back.

I'm going to roll the dice, and maybe a rug or two, if I don't like it, I'll just do like Derrick and order a new boat next year. ;)

It's things like this that make the forum so awesome!

A Billion thanks for the feed back!

Media information

Album
Getting prep'd
Added by
SpartyKen
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media