2004 207FS to sportier model

Don't get me wrong, the S is nice, but is suggest you build both the S and the G just for s&g's (terrible play on words, but I couldn't resist). I think you'll find that when comparably equipped the boats aren't so different in price. I have noticed that since the 2012 model year, there are quite a few more upgrade options to the S line too. But many of those options are standard on a G

I went an visited Scott today. He met us at the marina and we walked the GCW and GBR. It is a tough choice but I think we are going GBR. I like the center walkway of the GCW but I am moving away from the FS fishing model and those two reclining captain chairs back by the bar would make nice fishing seats and lookout seats for tubes. They will also be a nice spot for entertaining when we are anchored for the afternoon at the sandbar. We will probably order it next week for a late March early April delivery. I will be on the water late April if this winter stay half way mild. Oh I can't wait! Scott gave us an awesome deal and great trade in in my opinion. OTD around $37K w/115 Merc a few comfort options like pillow seats, boat and cupholder lighting, stainless rails, extended teak deck, tow bar, bow filler seat, GPS speedo, automan and the eliptical tubes. I think there are a couple more I forgot. That doesn't include the trade in so I am likely around or under $30K OTD. Oh ya I also saved $400+ on my boat storage this year. Good deal. Me and the wife are excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new toon!

Absolutely love the layout and look of the GBR with one exception, where the privacy enclosure is. We bought the RL last year even though we thought the RCW was a much classier looking boat. The reason was functionality; our lifestyle is slow cruising and sunset cocktail hour plus we rarely dock at sand bars or other popular stops. If we are on land we are on our beach with our neighbors; on the boat we are cruising. We wanted the large privacy enclosure that is not for storage but functions solely as a bathroom. Inside we have a full-size commode and use the sanibags so I don't have to haul or clean the commode bucket.

The GBR looks like a boat I would be interested in for an upgrade until I saw the privacy enclosure. Hate the location in the middle of things versus in the back plus can't leave the coomode set up. Still in love with my RL

When we bought the 207FS back in 2003 two things we thought we must have were fishing seats and live well (turns out hardly used) and a large privacy enclosure so we got the extended sundeck model with a very large enclosure at the back. We hardly used this enclosure. In fact we took the porta john out and used it only for storage. Funny in another 10 years Bennington #3 will likely be completely different again.

Yeah we have the RLi and I (well wife) loves the enclosure. No more running 20 minutes to beach the toon to use the head. Now pop the top, pop the lid ...... Off we go !!!!! Wanna really pi** em off, take off while they are in there ...... :)

Well we ordered the 2250 GBR a couple weeks ago.

Pillow top seats

115 Merc

speedo and fish graph

extended rear deck

ski pylon

side lights and cupholder lights

bright stainless rub rail

bow filler seat

eliptical toons

wave tamers and lifting strakes

black with bronze inset, mocha palm carpet and faux teak rear

Probably going to take the Jeep for another ride on the lake today....come on spring!

Scott at Secord Lake Marina gave us a great deal on the boat and our trade in.

Congrats on the new toon!!

Bet April can't come soon enough, huh ???? LOL !!!

This is going to sound dumb... But I haven't seen the X-rails? What's the difference? Can someone link to a photo of the regular and the x for comparison?

This is going to sound dumb... But I haven't seen the X-rails? What's the difference? Can someone link to a photo of the regular and the x for comparison?
X rails are just the support rails on the exterior vs. interior.

No x rail

digi42835281_l.jpg

With x rais

bennington-red-001.jpg

Bet April can't come soon enough, huh ???? LOL !!!
No kidding. Looked pretty good this weekend when I visited the lake. The warm weather last weekend must have taken its tole on the ice. Not a single person out there and no tracks either. Two weeks before we were driving the Jeep out there. It looks like a little more wintery weather this week until spring officially arrives and then things coincidentally turn warmer. Hopefully some April rides this year even if I have to wear my snowmobile gear. :D

Back