2010 22 Bennington RCW

stephenson

Reaction score
Hi,

Prospective owner!

I am considering a 2010 22' RCW tritoon ...haven't looked at it, yet, but appears to be quite well cared for from photos.

Can someone provide some background on what types of pontoons were available that year (2010)?  i.e. were the 32" available or any of the other modified configurations?

Anything in particular I should be looking for when I examine the boat this weekend?

Thanks!

George

Thanks - will get that this weekend ...wanted to be a bit forearmed with what was available in 2010 re hulls, etc ...engine may be out of warranty by now ... not expecting anything wrong with the boat.

Have a 20' SeaRay, but this would be my first look at a toon.

Thanks.

Do you have a link to the boat so we can check it out for you?

Thanks for link to brochure ...haven't been able to get it to work, yet, though.

Can't see boat this weekend after all ...but got some more info ...it is a 2010 2250 ...very few hours, maybe 25 hours. Has storage in the middle log, Performance Package, rough water package, docking package, lifting strakew, ski tow package, stainless steel rails, lighted bimini ...150 Yamaha

I've been looking around for value basis ....not able to find much ...wide ranges ....anyone venture an estimate if in near perfect condition?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep ...did one earlier ...shows 37ish ...have seen everything from 20 to 43 ...sheesh ...hard to figure where to settle ...

Well, got an update ...

Stumbled on anther Bennington ... 2014 24 SLX - have not seen it, yet, but also about 20-30 hours.  I reviewed the brochure so see the differences between it and the 2250 RCW.

The owner doesn't know if the center log goes all the way to the stern - from the brochure it appears it SHOULD have the SPS vice the Express package.  Has the Yamaha F150XA motor.  Nothing special re options.  The pontoons on it stick our proud of the forward deck a bit less than a foot - comparing this to the 2250 RCW, which has a 24' deck, just confuses me.  The deck on the RCW actually goes past the front of the pontoons .. does anyone know why the difference between the two?

Confirmed the owner of the 2010 RCW wants around $30K ... the SLX owner paid around $35K a ltittle less than year ago.

If both were available for about $30K, which is the better value assuming condition is comparable?

How many hours on the RCW?  How well cared for does the RCW look?

On your question about the pontoons extending beyond the bow deck on the SLX model, that was standard for that model in 2014 (unless you paid extra for an extended bow). We did not like that feature and opted for the extended bow when we ordered on 22SLX last summer, but ended up lucking out since our boat was delivered as a 2015 model and they made it standard (bow now extends to end of the pontoons). Not sure why Bennington had the pontoons extend beyond the deck on the 2014 and earlier SLX models but that has been changed starting with the 2015 models. Good luck in your boat search.

Link ....owner says less 25 or so ...both sets of owners are out of town ...so can't even see the boats right now.

KCMan ...darn shame, but good they fixed it ...boat not only looks better with full duck over the toons, it also would seem like easier to dock. Irritating to find a nice one with such an unexpected issue.

That's a tough call, maybe hold off if possible and take a test ride on each.  Hard to believe that someone had a Bennington for 5 years and only averaged 5 hours/year on it, ask if it was original motor

Yeah - but, it is a part time house and many folks imagine themselves more into boats than it actually works out.

So, given the 2014 SLX may be a better value - is there a way to extend the deck over the toons to give better dock access?

The extended deck is an option.

Deck is Already in the 2014 SLX ...just didn't want the toons sticking out further than the deck ...was asking if anyone had fitted an extension of any sort ...

Can't extend the front as its part of the deck itself. You "possibly" can extend the rear, but it's lots of work and your flooring would end up having a seam. I've looked at this on my RLi. The only way to do the front would be move the toons rearward which would be a HUGE undertaking and I'm sure it would void any warranty.

Bear in mind, the question as to why it wasn't done before, keep in mind with the toons sticking out further than the deck, it protects the deck from damage if hitting the dock. Trust me, on our lake, if that deck was even, there'd be a lot of damaged decks as people don't tie up properly and the tips of the toons beat into the dock. I've actually seen the front eyelet on a Quest folded back over tearing the toon open. Numerous ones bent to side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't like the look of an extended bow. Now, is it useful for some for docking, covering the boat while on a lift, kids jumping off and not hitting their knick knacks on the toon, you bet! But for me loading on a trailer everytime (and winching, not power loading) it is easier to hook on to the eyelet. I think it looks more aggressive having the 3 tips of toons sticking out as well.

Back