2013 22 SSX

drj400m

Reaction score
Hello forum.

I am looking to buy this boat in the next week or two. I have a few friends who are boaters and they have said this is a good boat.

I live by many lakes and rivers in WI. I have 3 young girls (7 year old twins and 11 yo). They love water, so tubing and eventually water skiing will be the primary uses. I also have a group of friends that I would like to take on the boat and enjoy the summer. So 3-5 couples at times and other times my family and another.

The motor is going to be upgraded to a 150 Yamaha.

I can get the boat with a 90 Yamaha for 25.8k.

First what is the consensus on this boat? Is that good price?

The dealer is close by so that is a plus.

Thanks for all responses and I hope to be part of the Bennington community soon!

What tube setup is on it? Are we 100% positive it can have a 150 on it in it's current form? How many hours are on it, or is it a still new 2013 model?

25" twin tubes.

According to the dealer a 150 is ok.

New 2013.

Thanks for response.

I would check with the dealer again, I researched the 22s packages before ordering my 2014 22SL I maxed out the engine for the twin 25in.tubes with the 115 Yamaha. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Looking at the same 2014 22 SSX it maxes out at 115 with the twin 25" tubes.  You would need the elliptical package in order to jump to 150.  Sounds like the dealer wants to move an aged unit.

Where in Wisconsin are you located?  I'm in the Madison area and just purchased a 2014 22SLX with 150hp, although ours is an SPS setup.  I highly recommend the 150hp.  I did a lot of research on what I could expect between the 90/115/150 and it's pretty much unanimous that the 150hp is a significant step up over the 115hp.

I'm new to boating, but am thrilled with the Yamaha 150, it will hop up and go with no problem.  I'm seeing around 37-38mph at 5700 RPM on our setup.  Easily did 35mph with 5 adults and a child with all the extras (cooler, etc).

Given your comment about 5 couples, I'd definitely lean towards the 150, otherwise you just might not be happy with what you get out of the 115hp.  Just my thoughts as a new Bennington owner.

Also, the quality of my new boat is great...so far we're thrilled.

Best of luck!

Jason

I have a 2013 22 SSX with the twin 25" tubes and the sticker clearly says max 115 hp. You need the SPS to put the 150 on it. I love the boat though, I only wish it had a third tube and a 150! :)

Or Express, at least on the 24 it gets you to 150.

I got a 2014 22SSX SPS with a Yamaha 150, extended deck, extended bow,upgraded stereo, all vinyl deck, upgraded table, bimini lights, sharkshide, saltwater package for your price + 9K to give you an idea..this is without trailer, taxes, dealer fees, etc

On the site, going from a 90 to a 150 is about a $6600 upgrade...SPS is another $3300...so no, I don't think you are getting a "good" deal just a fair deal

Agree, sounds like a fair deal. Time of year doesn't help you.

Build your boat on the website, knock off 20% or so, and compare with that price. You are also buying a year old model, so discount that some too.

All good advice above, what a great forum.  Proud to be a member  :)

Get the '14 with the fish station in place of the changing room. That big livewell is sweeeeet!

I have a 2013 22 SSX with the twin 25" tubes and the sticker clearly says max 115 hp. You need the SPS to put the 150 on it. I love the boat though, I only wish it had a third tube and a 150! :)
PADS will get you there .... And as much as you are using yours, and reading your comments, I think you have the beginning stages of the infection .... :)

Back