2014 2250 GBR question

Steve

Reaction score
Hello,

We are replacing our 2011 2275 GCW because the building it was stored in collapsed under the heavy snow. Our family will miss her as she provided some fun outings.

We are looking at the 2250 GBR. Can anyone tell me where the Bimini top rests in the lower position? Does it rest behind or in front of the rear seats? Also is the refrigerator worth the extra cash?

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your Benni, but hopefully your new one will provide as many if not more fun memories.

Sorry, can't answer the questions though .....

I too am sorry for your loss.  Hope your insurance company is good to you.  Are you able to swap the motor over?

Losing a boat is right up there emotionally with getting a pickup truck totaled out.

I cannot answer for sure on the placement of the bimini in the down position but based on pictures I have seen it looks as though it would fall behind the rear seats.  I have one on order and it should be in most likely sometime in March or April but I am too busy preparing tax returns to worry about it.  :(

As to the refrigerator I also wondered and asked around.  The concensus I found was that they are battery suckers and don't have the power to cool anything but would probably maintain something that was already cool.  There isn't much space inside and for my money I would rather keep coolers on the boat with plenty of ice.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Agree with Halveb on the fridge. Decided against it on my GBR due to those exact reasons. I am going to mount a cooler on my Port side swim platform like others did on here.

Thanks for all the replies. Not sure about the engine it took a hit and the outside plastic housing is cracked. It's a 115 yamaha.

Does Bennington take direct calls from consumers? I can't find a dealer that can tell me where the Bimini sits in the down position. They can't keep them around long enough I guess.

Everything I have heard is that the small step up in power from the 115 to the 150 is well worth it.  This accident may have given you the golden opportunity that would otherwise be a very expensive change to make.  Were you happy with the 115 on your old boat, I would think that would make a good deal of difference?

Can anyone tell me where the Bimini top rests in the lower position? Does it rest behind or in front of the rear seats?

Thanks
If you mean trailering position, from the looks of the GBR, it should end up by the seat backs.

The 115 was just ok. We have sea legs that added weight and drag underneath. The legs are worth every penny for us. The GBR we are considering will be a tri toon and the dealer said the 150 would make a nice addition.

Just hope the Bimini doesn't block the back seats. We have the rear loungers and love them but because of all the low bridges we have from lake to lake we run with the Bimini down. It blocks the rear loungers.

How is the Sea Grass flooring? Trying to decide on that or the full Teak.

I absolutely LOVE the full Seagrass. Soft on the feet, easy to clean, not too hot, and beautiful to look at.

Seagrass wasn't available in 2012 but I was at the boat show last month and not only is it beautiful, it had a nice foot feel to it as well 

I got to see the Sea Grass today and it looks great. Does anyone have the Twin 32" elliptical toons?

Yeah pictures don't do the Seagrass justice. I saw pics and hated it, saw it in person and love it !! Wish mine had it !!

I saw the sea grass last week at the dealer ,rubbed my hand on it got a piece in my finger .

I have seagrass in the rear of my boat and like link said not only does it look nice but it has a very nice feel.

I love it but it does get hot if your not moving.

been boating for over 65 years and from time to time have had refrigerators. they are always short lived and cost an arm and a leg to fix or replace. a hi grade cooler is always dependable and proctical

Back