2015 boating season memories

lakeliving

Reaction score
So now that most of us have tucked our boats away after another season or maybe the first, I figured it would be interesting to hear from others on what is their best memory(ies) from the water this year?

For me it has to be the birth of our son and having him out on the boat at just 4 days old. All the times we had him out he would just fall asleep and never cried. I'm really looking forward to next year and having him experience more of it.

We also met another couple around our age who were looking at buying a house on the water down from us. The deal fell through but they have literally become our best friends and we've spent a lot of time on each others boats fishing and enjoying the water.

So thank you 2015 for another safe boating season, and here's to even more great memories in 2016!

What are yours?

He'll be driving that boat next year!!!

Just the fact that we finally made the big move to Lake Norman and towing Big Kahuna down here to be able to explore it! We spent a lot of time exploring the nooks and crannies of this huge lake this summer (Until the water level dropped) and there is still so much more to see........

Not nearly enough memories made or time spent on the toon this summer, had to many other things going on that life throws at one.

Did find out a neat trivia fact though a few weeks ago. The state of Florida only has 20 miles more of total costal shoreline than my usual boating water hole which is Lake Sakakawea on the Missouri river system has of total shoreline miles which is the 3rd largest man made lake in North America behind only lakes Mead an Powell.

I have cruised about 1/2 the total shoreline of this lake the southern half but have done in many many times and have covered a lot of it in a few days time as well.

Not trying to rub anyone, but I'm still making memories where I live. Going to be off all next week, and planning on hitting the river again. I'll be thinking about you guys.

Same here... 81 degrees tomorrow. Thinking about a lake trip this weekend.

4"-6" of snow here tomorrow...

Was 81 in Havasu today so I had to take the new Benny out.  Sorry.

gallery_6945_871_406816.jpg

Great looking boat Havasu

Even living here in SC the time has come to put the Benny up for the winter. The summer was great. plenty of boating and swimming but last weeks trip out on the lake (water temp 61) was the grand finally for the year. Benny is now in the driveway with its winter shrink wrap cover on.

Went to New England to visit our Great Grand Children. Four in all including One set of twins  What a thrill. Also got to see the rest of the family Two of our boys are talking of moving down now that they're empty nesters.

Good year, Good Life

That's funny. 61* water is about the highest we see on our large lakes heck the Missouri river never cracks much over 50* surface temps and if ambient temps are over 75* its game on, all swimming areas are packed at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
20150627_191532_zpswuziig4e.jpg

The last time we took her out as a family. The girls were dancing up a storm!

Though I have not had much time to get the boat out, we hope to hit the water the week after Christmas. Hence, I hope we will still have a few memories from 2015 upcoming. This has been a busy year. I hope to have a lot more time next year to relax.

Cheers, Steve

Hopefully my boating for the year isn't quite over yet. I was planning to get out there over turkey day but a storm scared us away. If Christmas looks better we'll probably go spend a few nights on the boat. But if not, I'm still pretty pumped about the 31 bag nights I've had on the boat so far this year. Not to mention another 17 that I spent in a sleeping bag while backpacking or kayak camping. If I can just get two more in I'll break 50 bag nights this year! 

The crazy ice-filled flood that about wiped us and the boat out definitely takes the cake for most memorable trip of the year, if not of my entire life. My video of it is up to 140k views now! (https://youtu.be/5cFlfb2iMi0)

But if there was one photo this year that summed up the goodness of boat camping on the Benny, this is it. Taken on the eve of my Birthday in July. What a place to wake up to! I'm sure I posted another version of this in the photos thread, but I'm not sure if it had the boat in it. 

Looking forward to seeing what adventures 2016 brings. 

reflection-28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back