2016 218SL Model

Joindy

Reaction score
Dealer offering at 19995 with 50 hp Yamaha. Much lower price than other models.....is this a loss leader? It is only 8 ft wide. Seems to be same quality components and construction as more expensive models.

Joindy, the S series of Benningtons are quality built.  If I am reading your post correctly as a 1999S [but I didn't think an S was a 1999 model] you cant compare a used boat to a new boat.  Something to consider, the new boat will give you a 7 year warranty

Link, $19995 is the price.

Duhhh... and not even early

Last edited by a moderator:
As a follow up to my post on price of S model verse others.....dealer tells me that S models are not discounted while others are.....so 20k on S model is about equal to 25k on other models which are discounted 20% or so.

I can understand that but I would think that some discount might be available

I will say this 

Bought my 2014 SL21 New Build at Boat Show with Trailer and Motor 

Received a discount due to Boat Show 

Price was right !!

125327274.jpg

I would say this is a low cost entry boat. Make sure this is what you want before going down that road. 50HP is not going to move very fast. 12-15 MPH tops.

What hull?  

Link, the 19995 got me too. A $ would have helped. 

I realize this is an old post but I would not shy away from a 50 hp depending on your planned use. There is lots of talk on the site about big motors however, we are on a 400 acre lake and don't use it for water sports. Though resale might be a consideration we didn't buy it with the intent to sell it. 

Yup, different strokes for different folks. Or in this case, horsepower. People really need to think hard about where they will use a boat and for what purpose. For us, most of the time we will only have three or four aboard and just be cruising to the sandbar for the day. However, we bought this  Bennington for the ten percent of the time that we'll have a larger group that will want to engage in water sports. 

What are some of the differences/issues or advantages with dropping down to 8' width ?   

Back