2016 SSLDX (Aft Dinette) Question...

Emsflyer84

Reaction score
Hope there is an admin who might have some info on this!  So we just ordered a 2016 24 SSLDX which is due to be built in November.  In looking around online I'm finding pictures of 2016 models with a rear bolster cushion mounted to the rear rail for the small seat behind the aft dinette table.  I've never seen this except on the 2016 models.  Can anyone tell me if this is a new standard for 2016, or an option?  It wasn't on the Bennington website boat builder as an option, and still isn't.  I attached a couple pictures for reference.  One of a 2015 (stock photo) and two of a 2016.  Thanks in advance!

2015.jpg

2016.jpg

2016_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Was the dealer not able to call Bennington for you to confirm? It almost looks like it snaps on to the fence on the white boat. Not sure if that would flop around while under way. I have the regular sslx and love the full rear lounger. Congrats on the new boat and lets hear some more about it.

Thanks for the reply.  I just noticed this today and the boat's been ordered for almost a month now...  Might have the dealer do some follow up.  Not a deal breaker either way, just would like to know what we're getting!  So, the new boat is a the 24 SSLDX with SPS and 150 Yamaha, blue with sandstone interior, designer vinyl, extended aft, Garmin GPS, refreshment table w/ cooler, bow gate seat, privacy chaise w/ porta-potti, pillowtop upholstry, center toon floor storage, HD rub rail, G series helm seat...  We are VERY excited.  We're coming from a 23' bowrider though, so it will take some getting used to! 

Very nice! you will be so happy you made the switch to a pontoon. You also picked the best color! Where do you boat? I'll be curious to see what your top speed is as we essentially have the same boat but I have the 200.

We boat on Lake Winnipesaukee in central New Hampshire.  Good size lake, about 71 sq. miles, lots of harbors, 4 towns with public docks... Can get very rough depending on wind conditions.  

Lake-Winnepesaukee.jpg

Dealer claims 40mph max with 2 people and 1/2 tank.  We'll see....

Looks like a beautiful area. My lake is a drip compared to yours. But I could be in the great lakes in less than an hour. Did you look into the rough water package when doing your build? It was available when I ordered mine but they might have made some changes. Might be a good idea with you being on big water.

I did look into it, dealer said that if you get the SPS package, the rest of the "rough water" package is mostly gimmicks that don't make any real difference in performance... So for whatever reason they talked me out of it.  Guess we'll see how it does!

his estimate should be close. We have a 2016 21SLX, with SPS, 150 Yamaha, extended aft deck, and other options that we have hit 42 mph (GPS) with 2 of us on boardf and 1/2 fuel. We are probabably a bit lighter. You will LOVE the SPS. does Not feel like a pontoon boat. Btw, Winnipesaukee is a great place. We are Ex New Englanders, and have spent a lot of time in the area.

Winnipesaukee is a great place!  Too bad it's too cold for boating 2/3 of the year!  I hope the SPS is everything everyone says it is.  A comfortable ride is #1 on our priority list...

Emsflyer you will love the SPS package.  Lakeliving has a video in his gallery if you want to see it perform

Hope there is an admin who might have some info on this!  So we just ordered a 2016 24 SSLDX which is due to be built in November.  In looking around online I'm finding pictures of 2016 models with a rear bolster cushion mounted to the rear rail for the small seat behind the aft dinette table.  I've never seen this except on the 2016 models.  Can anyone tell me if this is a new standard for 2016, or an option?  It wasn't on the Bennington website boat builder as an option, and still isn't.  I attached a couple pictures for reference.  One of a 2015 (stock photo) and two of a 2016.  Thanks in advance!
The first picture is of the 2015 SSLDX (the 2016 SX series has panels in the top section of the rails now), while the other two pictures are from the SSLDXP (Premium edition) I believe.

A 24 ft with the SPS will be great on Winni.  The SPS package in that size also comes with the under-deck wave shield, which will be nice.

I hope this helps.

Sounds about right under perfect conditions.  Mine ran slightly less at end of Summer due to hot air temperatures and very warm river water it was running in.

I seldom run it full throttle anyway--more time spent 3500-4000 rpm's cruising.

Back