2017 swingback hinge

Kevin1741

Reaction score
Opened my swingback seat as normal and the bolts/screws came out of the plywood on the inside hinge. The first time i ever opened the the seat I questioned how sturdy the hinges were for as big as the seat is. I checked the the screws in the good hinge and all 3 were loose. For those of you with a swingback, check the srews and make sure they are tight.

IMG_5739.JPG

IMG_5740.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! I don't have a swingback but I also found that a number of my screws were loose (no comments, please! :)) throughout the boat when I took delivery last year. I think that's probably something to be expected so I keep a screwdriver handy and tighten them from time to time. 

Thanks for posting this.  When I took delivery I found 6 screws just laying on the floor under the swingback seat.  I never did check to see if they belonged anywhere or if any others were loose.  The build quality of my boat ranks somewhere between bad and just plain shitty. A lot of things were loose at delivery and more things are becoming loose/detaching as I use the boat.  My dealer is frustrated but not nearly as frustrated or angry as me. 

Here is my temporary fix. I hear bennington has the best customer service. Im thinking they are only as good as the dealer that processes the warranty......fingers crossed

IMG_5750.JPG

Did you check clearance on the battery posts.  Might lay something across them jic.

Temporary fix???

That looks better than anything permanent your dealer would probably do!  I'd call it done...

Uh, what's up with the alligator clip?  :huh:

Good idea. I do have about 3 inches of clearance

Requirements vary from state to state but I believe those battery posts should be covered (individually or with a battery cover), regardless of clearance.

Nice hinge fix by the way!

Yikes! I don't have a swingback but I also found that a number of my screws were loose (no comments, please! :)) throughout the boat when I took delivery last year. I think that's probably something to be expected so I keep a screwdriver handy and tighten them from time to time. 

I was filling up in Florida, this past weekend when I look up and saw one of the top bolts that hold the lounger in, was sticking out about 1/4". When I investigated, I found no nut on it at all. Now, I need to fix that. Lock nuts or thread lock, Bennington! These things should not happen. 

Back