2019 27QX twin 300's

I figure I can’t take it with me, so I’m gonna enjoy the hell out of it while I’m here.

Hey I have a buddy at our small lake who bought a new Lowe with twin 250's on it Yes its overkill but he likes speed and he said that 50 Mph with everyone on board it scare's the crap out of everyone LOL LOL he loves it. It has the "Sky hook" anchor or GPS anchor and the Joystick controller its cool to see. One thing he said that made total sense was that he said, When you have a single out drive or IO the prop is in the center of the boat. So when you pull away from a dock and your toon's may swing close to the dock but your prop is still in the center of the boat and its safe BUT With the twin outboards your props are at the very outward edge or point of your boat. He said it takes some getting used to cause technically you could strike you prop right at the dock. Somthing us single proper's don't have to worry about )

But I think with the dual props you can also slide the boat sideways to the dock, correct?

I guess what he was saying is ya gotta be extra careful when docking on either side when you have a set up like this. I can see what he is talking about. You get used to how traditional boats drive this would defiantly keep you on your toes

Back